Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (I<3myshihtzu) page

Primal Journal (I<3myshihtzu)

So today is Sunday March 25th and this is my first posting for my primal journal. Not sure of what all to say so i will start off for now with my daily meals.

B: 1 polish sausage link, 2 eggs with a little cream cheese and 2 small white yam pancakes yummy
    S:
    L:
    S:
    D:I know for dinner it will be left over corned beef and veggies mostly cabbage and carrots..

I haven't been posting in trying to figure this forum thingy out and reading on here as much as possible. For the weekdays i have a smoothie /shake that i make with unsweetened coconut milk, 1/2 banana, berries (i differ to give some variety), whey protein, and some ice cubes...sometimes having it come out thicker is a bit more satifying. That is usually my fruit for the day. I try not to have to much for it seems to slow the lbs a bit. It is all trial and error after the basic resetting of your body. Cmon now everyone is different. On the weekends I have eggs and some type of meat: bacon, sausage, polish etc and make it into a scamble with veggies (all types) and maybe a little cream cheese. So delicious. My dad recently tried some white yam potato pancakes except no actual potato. definatley yummy. If you like hash browns you could try taking spaghetti squash and cooking it crispy with some butter in a skillet. A tasty alternative and totally primal. My lunches are pretty simple usually left over dinner meat and veggies. Or a salad with lots of diferent veggies and a healthy oil based dressing homade of some sort. And also there is lettuce wraps (baby romaine or butter lettuce), I tend to stay away from iceberg for wraps since they are majority water based, with protein. I am slowly giving up best foods mayo and working on homemade. I have way cut down the amout at least so i use more mustard or even salsa. so many options with those. Now dinner is usually a meat and two to three veggies. some together or cooked separate. I really love steamed yams mashed up with a little grass fed butter and some honey or agave for sweetness. Yesterday night i tried an no-tortilla chicken soup recipe and it is pretty tasty made sme adjustments for the spice factor but not bad. I find myself being okay with branching out and trying new things instead of staying in this litle junk food rut. And saving money heck yes! Granted we don't do all grass fed, free range everything but anything is better than eating the way we used to and honestly cheaper. Well for me and my family anyways. We try to do organic when we can with broth (oh if any of you like costco they now have a 3 or 4 pack of organic free range chicken broth) and veggies etc.
    That is all for now and what I can think of off the top of my head. Go Primal!!!!
    Last edited by i<3myshihtzu; 03-31-2012 at 06:03 PM.

I figure i should say a little about myself. I am 5'3 1/2 and my current weight is 398. I had lost about 20ish lbs before I found primal back in July following a SAD diet that was supposed to be healthy with all those wonderful whole grains and legumes...and it wasn't until finding primal and following it was i able to lose almost another 30ish. I have never in my life lost 50lbs . That is one of my hurddles that I have not been able to overcome until a few months ago. It was right before the dreaded holidays and the goodies that came along with that time of year. I basically stopped weighing myself(only once a week) which i probably shouldn't have done only because i think I would have kept myself more accountable. Anyways so fast forward to a few weeks ago I had not been completely back to old ways, but i decided that to hold myself completely accountable i was going to post myself in the "success stories in the making" section. So picture and all i sent it in...I still can't believe i did it but a girl has got to do what a girls got to do. So i feel more at terms with this lifestyle and I really do truely love it and I know i have just barely tipped the iceberg. The losing weight aside is just a side effect to me. It is how I feel physically and mentally that is so much more important to me. Even my sleeping patterns are better which i thought weren't that bad to begin with lol. So there is lots more to go which I am absolutely ok with. Slow and steady. I know I will get there in a lot less time then it has taken me to get to this point in my life and now for the first time i see light at the end of what i thought was going to be a never-ending tunnel. Have a great day!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by i<3myshihtzu View Post
    Anyways so fast forward to a few weeks ago I had not been completely back to old ways, but i decided that to hold myself completely accountable i was going to post myself in the "success stories in the making" section. So picture and all i sent it in...I still can't believe i did it but a girl has got to do what a girls got to do.
    a very brave decision. I wish you much success on your primal journey!

Thank you so very much for your kind words canio6, that means alot. I am so very looking forward to it.

So today is a lovely rainy day here in so cal. I so love the rain, just listening to it is so peaceful. I am having a bit of a strugling time the last few days especially with eating primally the full day. It seems to start off great with my shake and but then not being prepared (which I know is no excuse) allows more bad choices for me. So this weekend I am committing to myself to cook some food and get it prepared for at least the first few days of the new week. I know that when I do that I have way better success. I want to have a completely successful 21 days at least and gonna go for the full 30. I think old habits die hard. My birthday is coming up and i think in my mind i want to have some cake or ice cream or wait an ice cream cake (bad bad thoughts go away)!! Maybe that is why I am not 100% yet? Argh. Anyways I will keep on keeping on because I don't want to be how I am anymore and that should be enough motivation, right? Being this way has kept me from doing so many of the things I used to do and still want to do. Thanks to everyone that has posted some truly inspirational things, I love reading them and it helps me

MFSUNSHINE Guest
    Hey there.

Enjoying the rain here in So Cal too... Hopefully it stops in time for this weekends adventure though.

Thanks for your encouraging words in the Pics forum. Just wanted to drop in to say hi and give an old atta girl! Keep up the good work!

It sounds like you are on the right track by cooking ahead of time. That will be the easiest way in the long run. However, don't forget that just because you have to eat out, it doesn't mean that you can't go mostly Primal when ordering. Sometimes you just have to get a little creative at sit down restaraunts. Some fast food places have built in options though: In-n-Out (protein style burger), Chipotle, Carls Jr. (if you have to, $5 protein burger), and most teriyaki type places can whip up a meat and veggie plate.

I'm looking forward to the success story update picture too.

Take care!

Oh very cool. Would it be to personal to ask what kind of adventure you have planned?

Well I think you are doing a great job and I know it always helps me so why not pay forward nice thoughts.

Yeah when I have done stints of being really diligent I tend to stay away from eating out places to avoid temptation altogether except chipotle for some reason. Since hardly ever eating there prior to primal I don't have a hard time sticking with there awesome salad concoction that you are able to do sans dressing... yummy it is definately a treat. I think it is all just a matter of being prepared is the key. I plan on posting in June to put me at my 3month from when i turned in to the "in the making" section.

Take care as well and have an awesome weekend

MFSUNSHINE Guest
    It wouldn't be too personal at all. I'm heading out backpacking for the weekend.

PS - The sun just came out!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I always check because you just never know what someone may find offending That sounds amazing, hope you have a fantastic time. I want to see the sun too...At least i know there is hope lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast