Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (I<3myshihtzu) page 2

Primal Fuel
    So today I went and tried on my first pair of vibram five fingers. I have to admit they are quite different (as to be expected) but once I found the right size and one that i really like man...oh man. Amazing. I wanted to skip around the store. So I am ordering the color I want and am excited to give them a go. And another great thing?! they have toe socks (thin ones) to wear with them. I love toe socks in general (yes I am a dork) but to actually wear in shoes? Butter! So I hope to keep updates going about them and see if they help with this stupid heel pain once and for all. (praying)
    Last edited by i<3myshihtzu; 04-15-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: I always have more stuff to say :P

Today I feel good and much more postive being prepared... I guess it makes it more attainable than unreachable. I will go meal by meal though to ensure I keep myself focused and on track, since more than anything that is my biggest struggle. I want it so very bad and I need to focus on myself instead of trying to help everyone else around me out. They will come in there own time. I just feel sometimes I have such a far way to go that i ask myself "you finally stumbled across something so amazing and will change your life for the better, and are you going to let yourself have that chance in actually succeeding". That is what I am aiming for.

On a pretty cool note we started planting some veggies in the backyard. I am pretty excited so far we have red and yellow bell peppers, a roma tomato, and an emerald zucchini (it looks stripped) wicked and still have more varieties of tomatoes and some regular zucchini and i believe a japanese cucumber...

Today Is definately a hungry day!!!! Geeze louise.

I so far have had my protein shake: Coconut milk, ice, 3 strawberries (minimal fruit and no banana right now ) and the whey protein. And just a bit ago a handful or raw almonds....And I have been drinking water so that the H-e-double hockey sticks.

So off to the green olives I go. Yummy. And go figure I used to not even like green olives and now...

I feel good today and had a report in yesterday that my cousin has only been doing primal for less than a week and he says he has more energy and his stomach isn't giving him much issues. Oh and my aunt fell off right after Easter (she had been following about 2 weeks or so prior) and decided she had to get on the scale and see how much she gained. In fact she lost a few ounces but didn't gain any! She was shocked! She is still having a hard time eating the full fat instead of low/ non garbage, but we are slowly getting her there. So I told her that is because you are turning your body into a fat burning machine and not a carbo sugar burning machine like we were. She just laughed. Ahhh gotta love Primal!!!!
    For lunch I had a salad and some cold salmon flaked on top it was yummy!! (reminder: NEED TO MAKE Pico de Gallo!!!) and a while ago had 2 deviled eggs. Eggs are just so delish some days with smoked paprika on top...Bomb!!! As for dinner TBA....
    Last edited by i<3myshihtzu; 04-18-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Man oh man what a long day. I am having some wine as I write this. I am having another hungry day today I'm afraid. I once again my shake but i switched it up with some blueberries (I was having strawberries), lol. Let me tell you how I miss that 1/2 of banana. I don't seem to stay as satied as I normally would be. So I had some raw almonds. Then I did a mini IF since I had to work through lunch. When I finally got around to it that consisted of tuna, freshly made pico de gallo, and some perisian cucumber...That was my first ever perisian cucumber and it was tasty. Smaller I believe, like a japanese cucumber. What I like most is the thin skin on them. For example, what is on a hothouse/english cucumber. So sweet and yummy. And for dinner yes i know it isn't the best but I am having Panda. Steamed veggies with some string bean chicken and maybe brocolli beef.

On another note. I posted something about how it was so neat that this website of mostly complete strangers come together to share and help out one another and some(i will be nice and say he wasn't so nice) was a total potty mouth. REALLY?? Why be a negative nancy about it? If your having troubles reaching your goals ask for help, don't be such a sour puss. I wanted to write something back to him that I am sure would only fuel his fire..but I chose not to. Why give that sour puss the satisfaction. Ah well what can you do right? Keep on trucking and ignore the "trolls" is what a lot people call them on here.
    Last edited by i<3myshihtzu; 04-19-2012 at 09:49 PM.

I tried something different today with the breakfast smoothie. I added 2 tsp of almond butter to see if that held me over a bit longer..So far it is working....For my snack I will have some persian cucumber and a deviled egg. Lunch probably BAS with tuna annd some sesame dressing or there is some left over pico de gallo...hmm decisions decisions....

I got on the scale this morning and went down 7 more lbs from when I weighed last...I am at a total of 57lbs lost! I am so excited!!!! I have a looong way to go but that is 57lbs I will NEVER see again, and for that I am proud. It did pep me up this morning I can't lie. But I am glad I am not weighing all the time like I used to. I feel like I can now hold myself accountable without having the scale as a reminder.

Today (well earlier not as in later today haha) my cousin and I celebrated our birthdays. Mine was the 21st and his is on the 24th. I did pretty well minus the piecie of tres leches cake ( I KNOW just wait for it) and some vanilla ice cream to go with it. Man oh man I was so sick for hours after...So were both my parents. Not happy campers. I so can hear the "I told you so" resonating from the computer....
    And today I had a soft serve cone, didn't make me sick because we were up playing games, miniature golfing and playing lazer tag So much fun!!! So I am going on a detox to get all this crap back out of my system. You know the bummer part I even was telling myself when i saw that my dad got the cake I was to only have a bite and no ice cream.
    But there is hope for this rather wayward soul....It really wasn't as satifying as I thought it was going to be...Boy didn't think I would say that... I am sure saying a lot of firsts on here. I guess that is good... lol broadening horizons.
    Signing off for now until I can think of something else to add...

I am still trying to get my digestive track completely on track from Sunday dang. This is ridonkulous... I guess I never really knew how sensitive I was to all the Crap out there. Well I sure as heck do now. And let me tell you sooooo not worth it, seriously. Ahh well last night at least had some yummy din din. Some ranchera preparada with butter lettuce for wraps, some queso fresco crumbled on top and a dash of crema. and some zucchini with tomatoes and a little cheese melted in. Boy what a treat with the cheese it was. Soooo Yummy!!!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by i<3myshihtzu View Post
    I did pretty well minus the piecie of tres leches cake ( I KNOW just wait for it) and some vanilla ice cream to go with it. Man oh man I was so sick for hours after...So were both my parents. Not happy campers. I so can hear the "I told you so" resonating from the computer...
    I told you so...oh wait, no I didn't because tres leches cake is awesome. Sorry it made you sick, but at least now you know how it will effect you. Now, your dinner sounds awesome though I have no idea what ranchera preparada is. Yeah, I know, I am a crappy South Westerner.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I told you so...oh wait, no I didn't because tres leches cake is awesome. Sorry it made you sick, but at least now you know how it will effect you. Now, your dinner sounds awesome though I have no idea what ranchera preparada is. Yeah, I know, I am a crappy South Westerner.
    All that ranchera preparada is either flank or skirt steak that has been marinated. It is bomb!
    Yeah I think If I didn't overdo it, I may of had a better time...there is that mind hunger thing again...

Ahhh, finally done with work and can start my weekend. So last night went out with friends and started off dinner at a thai restaurant. It is super delicious and fresh. So in following primal i tried a dish called spicy bay leafs (chicken was my choice of meat) and it was super spicy (for me lol) and it had green beans, garlic, zucchini, carrots, garlic,mushrooms, red and green bell peppers, oh and did i mention garlic...dang. So good but my mouth was on complete fire. I went through two glasses of water nothing and so i had one bite on steamed rice...cooled me off. Oh i also had a small bowl of this soup called tom-kah it is a coconut milk based soup, with lemongrass, chicken, mushroom, onion and possibly a couple other ingredients that i don't remember. Pretty primal btw. I made it at home and it was pretty delicious. So then we ended at this place called the Guppy House and had this fruit/shaved ice dessert. So it the sweetened condensed milk was taken away, it would be an opton for a tasty cold fruity dessert. Boy it was sure tasty.

And today is my second full day of wearing my new vibrams. My heel pain is no longer there but, what is there is tired feet muscles. Talk about retraining and building up your tootsies....man oh man. They are so super comfy though so on i keep trucking. That is all for now. So tired and loking forward to checking out some tomatoes at a tomato garden tomorrow....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast