Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealing with the criticizers page

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member

Dealing with the criticizers

Since eating primal I'm now getting people telling me I'm going to kill myself eating "all that meat!" and sending me articles telling me I need to eat low fat for health, all animals fats are bad, whole grains are good, etc.
    First, I keep telling them I'm not eating "all that meat!" I eat about the same amount as before. But instead of chicken, rice, and a veggie I have chicken and 2 veggies. Today I'm going to try Mark's chicken "lo mein" with cabbage. So, same food they'd eat with noodles, but I'm substituting another serving of vegetable instead of noodles. Fewer carbs and refined foods, more veggies. Isn't that a good thing? But despite explaining this, people still picture me eating nothing but bacon-wrapped pork chops all day. How do I get it through their heads I'm eating better? Or should I just smile, nod, and ignore them?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I know how it feels to want to spread the word...

However, my advice is don't waste time and effort trying to get it through their heads. You'd be banging your head against a brick wall, believe me.

Just smile, nod and ignore... and hope that some with open minds will start to express an interest once they see the long-term results.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Tell em its YOUR body, YOUR life and you'll put in it what you wish, but thanks all the same!
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    Once you're looking healthier than your nay-sayers, they'll happily jump on board with what got you there! Lead by example!

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Tell 'em to f**k off. End of story.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    +1

Smile, nod, ignore and thrive while they fight bad health and pay through the nose for bad cures.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Thank them for their concern, then just smile and eat your bacon while they bitch about the boring Lean Cuisine they're having for lunch and about how hard it is to eat "healthy."
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    You should feel sorry for them, they have had 15 years at least to learn the truth and haven't been able to.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Let results speak.

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm not trying to spread the word. I just explain my diet when someone visits and wonders why there's no bread in the house to make sandwiches for lunch, or why, when we go out, I don't eat that nice warm bread they serve while waiting for your meal, or when I go to dinner at someone's house and refuse their mashed potatoes or pasta, etc. It always comes up eventually why I'm not eating the bread, the starches, desserts. But as soon I as use the word "primal" or "paleo" I get "omg, you're going to make yourself sick eating nothing but meat" even though I eat a nice big salad right in front of them. I don't know what's going on in their heads when they see me stuffing a huge pile of greens in my mouth and accuse me of eating nothing but meat. lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast