Thread: "Hungry for Change" on vimeo page

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

"Hungry for Change" on vimeo

Primal Fuel
    I'm currently watching, but great so far! Hungry For Change - Full Length Film [HD] on Vimeo

I'm not sure if they'll make recommendations for what you should eat at the end, but I like everything they've said thus far about what not to eat.

I watched it last night. I'm going to have to break the mould here, and basically declare the majority of it a caricature cringeworthy facepalming worthy piece of sap.
    Would be a good video to show to your average soda drinking poptart consuming neighbour though.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 03-25-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Towards the end (still got a bit to go) looks like it's pushing juicing/vegetarian almost vegan agendas... but I'm not turned off by it. I think people would be much healthier shifting away from SAD to a veggie diet (obviously) so it's still a good watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    I watched it last night. I'm going to have to break the mould here, and basically declare the majority of it a caricature cringeworthy facepalming worthy piece of sap.
    Would be a good video to show to your average soda drinking poptart consuming neighbour though.
    Really? I thought it presented a wide array of things to think about regarding diet and lifestyle. I mean, I was already impressed that they'd explain that sugar isn't just in "things that taste sweet." They talked about bad oils (soybean, corn, canola) which is something I haven't seen in a doc before. They discussed the importance of being healthy in a general sense, not just through what you let into your mouth (sunlight, play, environment, job, etc), importance of sleep, exercise, self-esteem, etc.

I'm not attacking, of course, maybe you meant the way it was packaged with the 'story' of the girl? ehh, yeah I guess that was a bit cheesy but it does make it more engaging to a general audience. I think just having facts thrown at you can take more patience to watch.

For the typical SAD eater this is def a worthy watch, but if you had some time to kill like I did then I thought it was worth it too.

The end was kind of funny, and again I wish they mentioned eating animals (they never do, so clearly a vegan/vegetarian type of diet - though their website does mention salmon, but that's it) but perhaps people would extend the "look for wholesome sources" to include meat (and honestly, I don't care if people stop eating meat altogether, and most won't, so they'll prob just take up the advice re: eating more veg, but won't give up meat entirely, just replace refined carbs, etc) but other than that, I liked this.

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post

Actually, I thought it was well presented, both informing and understandable. Obviously, they were not intending to cater to the primal audience, who basically knew everything they were talking about.

You should elaborate.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Really? I thought it presented a wide array of things to think about regarding diet and lifestyle. I mean, I was already impressed that they'd explain that sugar isn't just in "things that taste sweet." They talked about bad oils (soybean, corn, canola) which is something I haven't seen in a doc before. They discussed the importance of being healthy in a general sense, not just through what you let into your mouth (sunlight, play, environment, job, etc), importance of sleep, exercise, self-esteem, etc.

I'm not attacking, of course, maybe you meant the way it was packaged with the 'story' of the girl? ehh, yeah I guess that was a bit cheesy but it does make it more engaging to a general audience. I think just having facts thrown at you can take more patience to watch.

For the typical SAD eater this is def a worthy watch, but if you had some time to kill like I did then I thought it was worth it too.

The end was kind of funny, and again I wish they mentioned eating animals (they never do, so clearly a vegan/vegetarian type of diet - though their website does mention salmon, but that's it) but perhaps people would extend the "look for wholesome sources" to include meat (and honestly, I don't care if people stop eating meat altogether, and most won't, so they'll prob just take up the advice re: eating more veg, but won't give up meat entirely, just replace refined carbs, etc) but other than that, I liked this.
    Actually they mention eating animals several times, and they make sure to say "high quality" too. One of the doctors also said "It's not fat that makes you fat; it's sugar."
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Quote Originally Posted by bdilla View Post
    Actually they mention eating animals several times, and they make sure to say "high quality" too. One of the doctors also said "It's not fat that makes you fat; it's sugar."
    I'll probably re-watch with my gf and see if I catch those this time around, but I really don't recall that, besides the mention of how some cultures can live on mostly animals. I don't recall them stating outright "eat good meat" but will pay closer attention. Thanks.

You're right, I was being way too critical. I was just in a really bad mood at the time I watched it so everything seemed to appear crappy to me. lol. I will watch again when I'm in a better frame of mind.

JVAMan is offline Member
    I haven't finished watching the film yet but one part that stood out to me (because it was funny & also a good way to look at this type of thinking in general) was the guy's analogy to putting animals in a zoo and..."you wouldn't give a monkey Captain Crunch". That would make a great t-shirt methinks.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JVAMan View Post
    I haven't finished watching the film yet but one part that stood out to me (because it was funny & also a good way to look at this type of thinking in general) was the guy's analogy to putting animals in a zoo and..."you wouldn't give a monkey Captain Crunch". That would make a great t-shirt methinks.
    A lot of people forget that we are animals too, or they don't want to be "treated like one" which means being able to eat whatever, rather than a more biologically appropriate diet.

More people need to see this, for sure.