Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye mercury page

thaijinx is offline Senior Member

Goodbye mercury

Yay! Just had the last of my mercury fillings removed.

The dentist rubbed her hands in glee at me asking for them (perfectly good fillings) to be drilled out and refilled.

I thought she'd use a rubber dam, and some protective measures. She did not.

When I asked her about it afterwards she admitted to having a mouthful of mercury herself... and laughed at me. foolish foreigner, she probably thought... you must have more money than sense.

(Maybe she has a point)

Ah well.

Farewell mercury, I will not miss you.
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the removal--though you may want to do some heavy metal detox to support for awhile.
    I read somewhere (sorry, no cite this early a.m.) that the removal of the fillings puts a lot of mercury out in your system unless you follow some careful recovery procedures.

Nonetheless, better out than in and I only wish I could afford to have it done. Enjoy the beach and a nice hot curry later!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!

I had mine removed with a rubber dam in place, over 3 sessions, each a month apart, and detected no extra exposure afterwards.

Be careful with heavy metal detox - it can cause deficiencies in iron and other essential metals. I just used green tea in between meals and fresh cilantro.

I felt much better immediately and saw a gradual improvement of inflammatory problems. Mercury was just one piece in the inflammatory jigsaw puzzle for me.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Congratulations!

I had mine removed with a rubber dam in place, over 3 sessions, each a month apart, and detected no extra exposure afterwards.

Be careful with heavy metal detox - it can cause deficiencies in iron and other essential metals. I just used green tea in between meals and fresh cilantro.

I felt much better immediately and saw a gradual improvement of inflammatory problems. Mercury was just one piece in the inflammatory jigsaw puzzle for me.
    I find this really interesting. What sort of inflammatory issues? Could it, for example, be one link in the chain I need to eliminate to remove asthma?

Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    I find this really interesting. What sort of inflammatory issues? Could it, for example, be one link in the chain I need to eliminate to remove asthma?
    I believe it can exacerbate any inflammatory issues, so asthma would be included.

I had chronic rhinitis, eczema/dermatitis, IBS. I also had swollen feet and fingers. I also used to feel the cold a lot so I'm sure my thyroid function was depressed. My feet went down a whole size within a few months.

Increased exposure to electromagnetic fields in our environment is speeding up the vaporisation of mercury fillings. When I had the fillings I'd get a chronic attack of cattarh a few minutes into a phonecall when using a cable or USB phone. This was due to the electric current passing through my jaw. This symptom stopped immediately after the last fillings were removed.

Many immunisations contain mercury too, to stimulate the immune system to produce antibodies - this makes them cheaper to produce as less antigen is required per dose. I'd had a few immunisations a few years prior which appeared to exacerbate my symptoms. Also I had been eating a lot of tuna which is high in mercury. I can't detox mercury well due to high histamine levels. Electromagnetic fields and the positive ions released by computers stimulate the mast cells in our immune system to release more histamine. I've struggled to carry on working in offices with shoddy air quality (broken air con, very dry air) and have had to leave a couple a jobs because of that.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I believe it can exacerbate any inflammatory issues, so asthma would be included.

I had chronic rhinitis, eczema/dermatitis, IBS. I also had swollen feet and fingers. I also used to feel the cold a lot so I'm sure my thyroid function was depressed. My feet went down a whole size within a few months.

Increased exposure to electromagnetic fields in our environment is speeding up the vaporisation of mercury fillings. When I had the fillings I'd get a chronic attack of cattarh a few minutes into a phonecall when using a cable or USB phone. This was due to the electric current passing through my jaw. This symptom stopped immediately after the last fillings were removed.

Many immunisations contain mercury too, to stimulate the immune system to produce antibodies - this makes them cheaper to produce as less antigen is required per dose. I'd had a few immunisations a few years prior which appeared to exacerbate my symptoms. Also I had been eating a lot of tuna which is high in mercury. I can't detox mercury well due to high histamine levels. Electromagnetic fields and the positive ions released by computers stimulate the mast cells in our immune system to release more histamine. I've struggled to carry on working in offices with shoddy air quality (broken air con, very dry air) and have had to leave a couple a jobs because of that.
    Do you have evidence of any of this?
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Actually, most vaccines (at least in Canada) have had mercury removed from their formulation. Thiomersal was never included to stimulate the immune response; it is used as a preservative.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Actually, most vaccines (at least in Canada) have had mercury removed from their formulation. Thiomersal was never included to stimulate the immune response; it is used as a preservative.
    Yes I'm aware that mercury has been removed from vaccines and immunisations in many countries now.

Do you mean thimoserol? I believe that thimoserol has a dual role as a preservative and an adjuvant. Formaldehyde is another commonly used preservative. Formulations vary.

Nobody gave me the list of ingredients for the immunisations I received.

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    I had all my fillings removed and replaced too a few years ago - long before finding paleo.
    My mouth looks so much better too with white fillings! How can a mouth full of mercury ever have been a good idea in the first place? Crazy!!
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    I had all my fillings removed and replaced too a few years ago - long before finding paleo.
    My mouth looks so much better too with white fillings! How can a mouth full of mercury ever have been a good idea in the first place? Crazy!!
    Oh for sure my teeth look good now too. The dentist who removed my amalgam fillings said in his opinion I never needed them in the first place. The NHS dentist who put mine in during my early teens obviously drilled for cash.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast