Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Raw Milk Fast page 9

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    PB, no hating on milk here. If i had access to it i sould be drinking twice as much as i do now. I might even try this "fad".
    Thats interesting about creating extra, but wouldnt that extra still drain iron stores? Otherwise why are docs always telling chicks to get lots of iron?
    Cori answered it well below. I also think that many women are afraid to eat too much meat thinking that it will make them fat.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I think that people associate low iron with women because of menses but I don't think that is really it at all... I think that it's a completely separate issue. Mostly absorption.

Not saying everyone is gluten intolerant... but eating a lot of processed foods isn't helping.
    Crap food crap absorption.*
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I think I'm going to try this. I want to lose... plus I'm sick of cooking
    It's hard to get raw milk here, but this Jersey milk is readily available. Would it do the trick?
    I think that is an individual n=1. Pasteurized milk products make me all stuffed up and boogery.

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I see you linked to a UK website. Hello from North East Lincs!
    I've recently purchased 7 pints of milk and 7 bottles of Kefir from this farm:
    Raw Goats Milk | Goats Milk Soap | Kefir Probiotic Yogurt | Chuckling Goat
    Seriously, it's great stuff!
    A good resource for our cousins across the pond. Thanks.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I did this for a month when raw milk was a lot cheaper. I initially dropped weight really fast, like Paleobird, 160ish(slightly heavier back then) ->149 or so, but it stabilized after a little bit. Also, BMs are near non-existent on this "fast".

Few things I noticed was that skin got softer, teeth got whiter, slight muscle cramps from bike riding a lot disappeared, and I felt really good besides giving birth on the toilet anyway.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Well, I dropped two pounds over night. Can't say if it's directly related to only having milk yesterday or not. Either way, I'm not mad about it.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Well, I dropped two pounds over night. Can't say if it's directly related to only having milk yesterday or not. Either way, I'm not mad about it.
    Wow - how much did you drink GM?

I see you linked to a UK website. Hello from North East Lincs!

I've recently purchased 7 pints of milk and 7 bottles of Kefir from this farm:

Raw Goats Milk | Goats Milk Soap | Kefir Probiotic Yogurt | Chuckling Goat

I'm extremely happy with their products and customer service. Having been dairy free for over 4 years, I can quite easily digest this raw goat milk. I'm almost out so I'll be placing a big order to save money. (buying in bulk means 1 pint of milk is 1.10 which is 60p cheaper than buying the minimum 7 pints)

Although they are not certified "organic", I asked them about their practices and they abide by organic standards, but don't see the advantage of paying thousands of 's for the certificate for a few reasons.

The even make their own food when the grass isn't very green!

Let me know if you want more info, I've had a long discussion with them and they appreciate my interesting questions.

Seriously, it's great stuff!
    Hello from Lahndan! Cheers for the info Nstocks - Unforutnately I have a teeny freezer so buying in bulk isn't an option... But I do know where I can buy raw milk, so I'll prob just do that instead of the Jersey stuff.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Unforutnately I have a teeny freezer so buying in bulk isn't an option... But I do know where I can buy raw milk, so I'll prob just do that instead of the Jersey stuff.
    Your'e welcome . Yep, that's a problem for me too. I just need to organise our the freezer to make room for my milk - something not easy with a family who live of frozen processed meals but I'll make it work!

I'm so happy how easily I can digest this milk and that I think it's actually helping my digestion. I cannot wait to start drinking a pint per day. I really think that the fact that it's raw makes a big difference.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-18-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardCook View Post
    What about whey protein powder can I add this powder with this milk for better result?Will mixture of both affect our health?
    I dont see why youd need to. Whey comes from milk. I guess if you were trying to build muscle or something. Try it without first.

I drank about a pint and a half yesterday as it was my adf down day.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Every time I see this thread, I get so jealous. I live in one of the worst states for this - raw milk is even illegal for pet consumption in Louisiana. (F***ing politicians.)

I'm about ready to go to the farmers market and get kinky with the goat guy just to get some raw milk.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I did this for a month when raw milk was a lot cheaper. I initially dropped weight really fast, like Paleobird, 160ish(slightly heavier back then) ->149 or so, but it stabilized after a little bit. Also, BMs are near non-existent on this "fast".
    Few things I noticed was that skin got softer, teeth got whiter, slight muscle cramps from bike riding a lot disappeared, and I felt really good besides giving birth on the toilet anyway.
    Like you really need to lose weight. But yes, I agree about the digestive system taking a holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCook View Post
    What about whey protein powder can I add this powder with this milk for better result?Will mixture of both affect our health?
    Why mess with it? I don't see the point. You would be adding a concentrated processed product to a natural product that is pretty much perfect already. You don't want to overload on pure protein. You need the balance of protein and fat.

I'm so happy how easily I can digest this milk and that I think it's actually helping my digestion. I really think that the fact that it's raw makes a big difference.
    Yep. It's the enzymes.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Every time I see this thread, I get so jealous. I live in one of the worst states for this - raw milk is even illegal for pet consumption in Louisiana. (F***ing politicians.)
    I'm about ready to go to the farmers market and get kinky with the goat guy just to get some raw milk.
    Yay for states' rights! It means your state has the right to pass stupid laws. There may be some law loopholes as long as you say you are purchasing the milk for your pet or for making your own soap.

Paleobird Guest
    So, something weird happened this morning and I would appreciate all your wildest speculations because I am completely baffled.

I got on the scale and all 8 of the pounds I had lost are back.

Relevant data. Only thing I did differently yesterday, I didn't get around to my usual tbsp of butter and I had a red grapefruit. I also had some decaf coffee while out watching my SO have dinner.
    I feel puffy and one side of my face looks weird. The eye is all puffy as if I had been crying. But only on that one side.

Possibilites :
    inflammation due to a reaction to the milk
    inflammation due to some other factor like a reaction to the grapefruit, coffee with mold issues

It's obviously water weight since it's impossible to gain 8lbs overnight (while only drinking milk and kefir)
    The digestive system has gone on holiday since Monday but why would the weight show up all at once like this?

Thought, suggestions, speculations all welcome.

Zach is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    I dont know but the 8lbs you lost must have been all water weight as well then.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast