Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Raw Milk Fast page 8

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Almost all (but not all) of these experiments have positive results, or are at least harmless. But I'm glad there are others who are willing to step forward and risk taking one for the team before I am ready to try out something bizarro.

I might be willing to try a cacao bean fast sometime in the future...

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I am using milk to get through my down day today. I find that 8-10 oz fills me right up and makes me very, very happy. Around here we don't call Mosey's milk "milk." It's referred to as "vanilla milkshake." Yeah, it's that damn good.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I am using milk to get through my down day today. I find that 8-10 oz fills me right up and makes me very, very happy. Around here we don't call Mosey's milk "milk." It's referred to as "vanilla milkshake." Yeah, it's that damn good.
    Skim milk is a scourge upon our people.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Ya think? It's funny. I skim the cream off to make butter, cream cheese etc, it's called "skim milk." People look at me weird, because they're thinking of the water skim milk from the store. Makes me laugh.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    A raw milk diet is probably the worst fad diet that's appeared on this forum so far. And that's saying a lot.
    Oh, lighten up. It's an experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Bah, your only saying that because of your vegan tendencies. Plenty of silly fad diets are worse. Hell any mono-food diet would be hard pressed to be BETTER.
    The king of raspberry ketones is his avatar and he has a problem with "fad" diets?

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I think the raw milk "fast" is probably the healthiest fast fad. I read that humans can live on just milk indefinitely. Some local farms sell raw goat milk. I need to score some while in season.
    Yes, if I try this agin it will be with goat milk. More fat, less carbs.

Oh come on guys. Trying this stuff for experiments/science sake is fun and interesting. I'll be interested to see if Paleobird's weightloss remains or if she regains the... 8? That she's lost this week.
    Holding at 8 down for four days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Without a doubt, raw milk is the single healthiest food. If there was one food to eat indefinitely, milk is it. Its meant to grow life so it has to be nutritionally complete, you cannot say that about any other food.

Except it lacks iron i suppose. So if you have a tendency to blood once a month, iron supplements might be a good idea.
    I think Zach just agreed with me! Record this day in MDA history. And, I'm all done with that messy bleeding phase of life. Also, women produce extra blood which is expelled monthly. It doesn't come out of their circulatory system like a blood donation.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I might be willing to try a cacao bean fast sometime in the future...
    I wouldn't be able to sleep on that.

Soooo jealous.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Ya think? It's funny. I skim the cream off to make butter, cream cheese etc, it's called "skim milk." People look at me weird, because they're thinking of the water skim milk from the store. Makes me laugh.
    Yeah, real skimmed milk from Jersey is like whole milk from some other cow. It still tastes so thick and creamy even when giving up its cream for the most amazing butter in the world. Jersey cows are so dang cute too.

I don't know what they do to that skim milk in the store but it must involve water.

Zach is offline Banned
    PB, no hating on milk here. If i had access to it i sould be drinking twice as much as i do now. I might even try this "fad".

Thats interesting about creating extra, but wouldnt that extra still drain iron stores? Otherwise why are docs always telling chicks to get lots of iron?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    PB, no hating on milk here. If i had access to it i sould be drinking twice as much as i do now. I might even try this "fad".

Thats interesting about creating extra, but wouldnt that extra still drain iron stores? Otherwise why are docs always telling chicks to get lots of iron?
    I think that people associate low iron with women because of menses but I don't think that is really it at all... I think that it's a completely separate issue. Mostly absorption.

I have reason to believe this because I had low iron issues for several years which I had to work hard to over come, and during those years I SHOULD have been having menses but was not, so while people would always assume it was age/menses related it wasn't. I went 3 straight years without a period and still had low iron issues.

For me it was definitely absorption, no way around it.
    The hint was that I had an autoimmune disease that was then still unclassified as autoimmune...
    I couldn't tolerate the iron pills without becoming ill and had to eat lots of natural heme-iron foods.

Being gluten free has drastically changed things for the better with my iron absorption, regulated my menses to a normal pattern, and reduced my symptoms of my diseases.

Not saying everyone is gluten intolerant... but eating a lot of processed foods isn't helping.
    Crap food crap absorption.*
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-17-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I think I'm going to try this. I want to lose... plus I'm sick of cooking

It's hard to get raw milk here, but this Jersey milk is readily available. Would it do the trick?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I think I'm going to try this. I want to lose... plus I'm sick of cooking

It's hard to get raw milk here, but this Jersey milk is readily available. Would it do the trick?
    I see you linked to a UK website. Hello from North East Lincs!

I've recently purchased 7 pints of milk and 7 bottles of Kefir from this farm:

Raw Goats Milk | Goats Milk Soap | Kefir Probiotic Yogurt | Chuckling Goat

I'm extremely happy with their products and customer service. Having been dairy free for over 4 years, I can quite easily digest this raw goat milk. I'm almost out so I'll be placing a big order to save money. (buying in bulk means 1 pint of milk is £1.10 which is 60p cheaper than buying the minimum 7 pints)

Although they are not certified "organic", I asked them about their practices and they abide by organic standards, but don't see the advantage of paying thousands of £'s for the certificate for a few reasons.

The even make their own food when the grass isn't very green!

Let me know if you want more info, I've had a long discussion with them and they appreciate my interesting questions.

Seriously, it's great stuff!
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-17-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast