Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Raw Milk Fast page 4

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Isn't a 48-72 hr fast the best reset you can do? Why start pounding milk or potatoes or whatnot?

Don't eat anything for 2-3 days and your metabolism resets itself nicely. It's like hiting the CLEAR button.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Hm.... *I* have fresh, raw Jersey milk in the fridge from my very own cow. I'm having to STOP myself from drinking it. Maybe... for, eh hem, the sake of science I should try this
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    Looking forward to hearing about your results! that's a pretty impressive weight loss in just two days.
    I was doing a double take looking at the scale this morning..

Quote Originally Posted by ilovesteak View Post
    Isn't a 48-72 hr fast the best reset you can do? Why start pounding milk or potatoes or whatnot?
    Don't eat anything for 2-3 days and your metabolism resets itself nicely. It's like hiting the CLEAR button.
    Oh, I'm a big fan of fasting too. This really seems different though in that there is a lot of *nutrition* without a lot of *calories*.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Hm.... *I* have fresh, raw Jersey milk in the fridge from my very own cow. I'm having to STOP myself from drinking it. Maybe... for, eh hem, the sake of science I should try this
    I'm so jealous that you have your own cow. That is the ultimate in fresh.

I really think it does make a difference that it be UNpasteurized milk. With all the enzymes killed by the heating, milk jsut becomes a bunch of carbs, protein, and fat. It's the enzymes that break all that down and help you make efficient use of it.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Awesome, great to hear it's starting out so well for you. I really wanted to start this week but we're being forced out of our rental house due to a bird (and bird mite) infestation and I can't fit a week's worth of raw milk in our RV fridge. Hopefully I can start next week.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    This sounds interesting. We can't get raw milk in my part of the state, so I'll never know if I could drink it.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    This sounds interesting. We can't get raw milk in my part of the state, so I'll never know if I could drink it.
    You can't get raw milk in Portland? I do recall some illness happening there recently due to raw milk, is that why?

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Oh, I can't express how jealous I am! I have dreams about Jersey milk from my own cow. I would love that cow so much she'd have a fresh wreath of flowers around her neck every day

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Are you in Portland OR or ME? I used to live in PDX and lots of people do milk runs to Washington.

The other option would be to use something like Norris milk and culture it yourself. Homemade yogurt and kefir from that milk would be a very close second anyway. I don't have my awesome Jersey milk source anymore but when I culture the brown swiss milk it digests as well as the really good stuff.
    Last edited by PaleoMom; 05-15-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meeshar View Post
    You can't get raw milk in Portland? I do recall some illness happening there recently due to raw milk, is that why?
    Portland, Maine?

To my knowledge it is only legal to buy it at the farm. I live in the southern part of the state, where there is more development and fewer dairy farms. I didn't find one listed in a county anywhere near me.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Are you in Portland OR or ME? I used to live in PDX and lots of people do milk runs to Washington.

The other option would be to use something like Norris milk and culture it yourself. Homemade yogurt and kefir from that milk would be a very close second anyway. I don't have my awesome Jersey milk source anymore but when I culture the brown swiss milk it digests as well as the really good stuff.
    PWM, not PDX.

I don't drink fresh milk because I am lactose intolerant, and cooking it does something very bad to the casein that I react to. I'm not sure what Norris milk is. Is that a breed of cow?

If I had access to raw milk I would try it. I don't have an issue with yogurt except I just don't want it very often. I'm okay with cheese and heavy cream.

I couldn't come to grips with the idea of going on an all-yogurt fast. That would kill my appetite.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast