Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Raw Milk Fast page 3

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwater View Post
    Do not accelerate your workout time too rapidly,
    If you are overweight and out of fitness....
    Stop spamming all the threads on this forum with your random comments

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    Stop spamming all the threads on this forum with your random comments
    If it's a spammer no need to reply to them... just hit that little triangle w/ exclamation mark in the lower left hand corner of their post and report the spam to the mods.
    They will be banned from spamming the boards.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

mikegee2 is offline Member
    If you are contemplating this you must not have any dairy allergies or intolerances. it makes me ill thinking about it. I will read up! good luck

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegee2 View Post
    If you are contemplating this you must not have any dairy allergies or intolerances. it makes me ill thinking about it. I will read up! good luck
    I have had lactose intolerance, but the beauty of raw milk is that I don't seem to be intolerant of it like I am with pasteurized milk. I'm looking at this as an experiment--if I have to stop due to intolerance, I'll just use the rest of the raw milk to make cheese. Mmm...fried paneer...

Techie is offline Member
    It's never good to consume only 1 type of protein source, ie. the early ketogenic diets that only had milk casein... People died of renal and cardiac problems. You can also become sensitive to lactose in the same way people have with consuming just egg whites

Now 10-14 days won't do that but why restrict all food groups without any studied benefit.

Key Tones is offline Member
    Hacks seem to be the only things that work for me anymore - protein sparing modified fast, potato fast, but not high fat (I gained on Kwasniewski's Optimal Diet after an initial loss--I abandoned it finally after gaining 10 pounds of solid fat - this was not bloating, it was like concrete). I lost most of my weight just plain eating low carb, but the last 45 pounds had to come off with extraordinary measures.

Fortunately, eating paleo, so far, keeps me from gaining weight when I return to eating. My co-workers are always thinking I'm going to gain it back when they see my methods. No flour, sugar, oil is the key for me to keep from gaining. Losing without a lot of suffering is perplexing.

I'm all for mono-dieting for short-term bursts of weight loss.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    If you don't mind me asking -- did your weight change, or stay the same? I'm curious because of all the CICO and dairy debates on this forum... I feel like a milk experiment might definitively close both issues.
    I did lose about 6 pounds. I'm sorry I don't remember how long that took, maybe about a week? I would have stayed with it longer but like I said, the good milk was harder and harder to get.

Just to be clear too, I did this first because it was making me feel so good that I started pushing other foods out. I wasn't trying to do a crazy mono diet in hopes of tons of weight loss, though I did welcome the loss. I don't remember how much I drank, but I wasn't stuffing myself or restricting. It was back when I would gain even on a very low cal diet though and eating anything close to what my maintenance was supposed to be felt like a ton. I don't think I can comment on whether calories with the milk made a difference because my metabolism was so wacky.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Richard claims the all milk diet has actually made him not want to drink, that he feels crappy if he tries. I thought that part was interesting. He cited some studies saying that the more fully nourished a body is, the lower one's tolerance for alcohol is. That is the same as my experience with Primal eating. I can't and don't want to drink the way I used to.

He refers to the all milk thing as an "intervention" and as a "reset" meaning that it is a tool to get yourself back on track. I think it might have some merit from that perspective.

As hacks go, I think it is better than spuds because at least you are getting your protein and fat with milk. I really like Canuck's steak and eggs one the best, though.
    Now that you mention it I remember you posting this before. There was even a link to the hypothesized mechanism involve via a more efficient use of the acetic acid metabolism. Basically an energy pathway fix that makes it easier to give up the booze. Can't find that link, but it was an interesting read!

Paleobird Guest
    Well, I've decided to give this a try just for the sake of science and curiosity.

My idea about most mono-food hacks is that they are basically a way of restricting calories through boredom. So I accept that. So, if you are going to get a restricted amount of calories, they should be well balanced with a lot of bio-available nutrition.

So far I am pleasantly surprised about the Milk Intervention. I have lost 7 pounds in two days. Before everybody says, "That is only water weight", remember that I am not someone transitioning from the SAD. I have lived in ketosis for a long time.

Richard's plan was three pints of whole unpasteurized milk a day plus one pint of kefir with a little fruit added and one of kombucha. I have found that I am not hungry for the third pint of milk so I've only been doing two. Yes, this is a very low level of calories. Depending on the fruit, somewhere around 1100/day.

But I'm not hungry and I have absolutely no desire to eat other stuff. And I feel energetic and generally awesome.

I think I am going to make myself have the third pint anyway starting today to slow this down a bit.

Updates to follow.

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Well, I've decided to give this a try just for the sake of science and curiosity.

My idea about most mono-food hacks is that they are basically a way of restricting calories through boredom. So I accept that. So, if you are going to get a restricted amount of calories, they should be well balanced with a lot of bio-available nutrition.

So far I am pleasantly surprised about the Milk Intervention. I have lost 7 pounds in two days. Before everybody says, "That is only water weight", remember that I am not someone transitioning from the SAD. I have lived in ketosis for a long time.

Richard's plan was three pints of whole unpasteurized milk a day plus one pint of kefir with a little fruit added and one of kombucha. I have found that I am not hungry for the third pint of milk so I've only been doing two. Yes, this is a very low level of calories. Depending on the fruit, somewhere around 1100/day.

But I'm not hungry and I have absolutely no desire to eat other stuff. And I feel energetic and generally awesome.

I think I am going to make myself have the third pint anyway starting today to slow this down a bit.

Updates to follow.
    Looking forward to hearing about your results! that's a pretty impressive weight loss in just two days.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast