Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Raw Milk Fast page 2

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I find the addition of "fad" type diets to the primal world a bit disconcerting. It makes me wonder if we are just all bored of the primal diet or if maybe it's just not working for many, so they feel the need to try something new.

The raw milk diet will work like most restrictive, crash diets. You will lose a bunch of weight and then you will gain it all back, and likely more, when you stop the diet. Now, raw milk is very nutritious and will fulfill your daily requirements of a lot of things, so it's way better than a cabbage or juice diet, but it's still just a crash diet that you have no chance of staying on.

So if the goal is to lose 10 lbs before a vacation or wedding, I say go for it, it's as good as any crash diet and probably more nutritious. If the goal is to lose weight and keep it off, i'd venture it's a waste of time.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I'm sure it works JUST like the potato hack. Mono-food diets tend to have that effect. Yay for fad diet jumping! Richard quits drinking and adds potato... Like magic he loses weight! Must be the tators power! Now he goes on an all liquid diet and bam weight loss..... MMmmmmmmagic!

Paleobird Guest
    Richard claims the all milk diet has actually made him not want to drink, that he feels crappy if he tries. I thought that part was interesting. He cited some studies saying that the more fully nourished a body is, the lower one's tolerance for alcohol is. That is the same as my experience with Primal eating. I can't and don't want to drink the way I used to.

He refers to the all milk thing as an "intervention" and as a "reset" meaning that it is a tool to get yourself back on track. I think it might have some merit from that perspective.

As hacks go, I think it is better than spuds because at least you are getting your protein and fat with milk. I really like Canuck's steak and eggs one the best, though.

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    I've been thinking about doing a fat fast for a few days, just to see how I feel, on nothing but heavy cream. I'm ADDICTED to the stuff lately... I rushed through an exam today to get to the store and get my hands on some. probably not wise, but anyway...

obviously cream probably has far fewer nutrients than milk, so probably not as healthy in the long run. OP, did you end up trying the milk fast, and if so, what were your results?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I'm sure it works JUST like the potato hack. Mono-food diets tend to have that effect. Yay for fad diet jumping! Richard quits drinking and adds potato... Like magic he loses weight! Must be the tators power! Now he goes on an all liquid diet and bam weight loss..... MMmmmmmmagic!
    You read his new resistant starch kick? Lol.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    You read his new resistant starch kick? Lol.
    Yeah, he does lose a bit of credibility jumping from hack to hack like that. I suppose it's all about getting the hits on his page.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yeah, he does lose a bit of credibility jumping from hack to hack like that. I suppose it's all about getting the hits on his page.
    Im guessing the milk diet was starting to lose its momentum, he hasnt updated his mailing list about progress. That and a certain little RS birdy is whispering in his ear.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    I did this a few times. I had an awesome source of hand milked grass-fed raw jersey milk. I have never felt so fantastic in my entire life. I kept drinking more and more of it and feeling like I wanted to live off of it. I was dreaming of getting a cow and never eating anything else again. Seriously. That is when I went online and looked to see if there were other people living off of milk and found the raw milk diet. Then I started having a harder and harder time getting enough milk, it was always sold out. Then, they shut down and I had to go to a different source. It was still local, raw and grass-fed but my body didn't react the same. I felt horrid. I would do almost anything to have that jersey milk back again!

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I'm seriously considering trying it. I've been mostly Primal and more importantly 100% gluten free for a long time, but I really need a reset. After reading various blogs on the milk diet/cure, I think this is at the very least worth a shot. I missed the order date for this week's "pet milk" deliveries, but I'm really considering starting next week--thankfully the order deadline happens on payday. In the grand scheme of things, despite how expensive raw milk is, it would bring our grocery bill down quite a bit. They make raw milk kefir too, so I'll include that as well, along with the kombucha I'm making.

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I did this a few times. I had an awesome source of hand milked grass-fed raw jersey milk. I have never felt so fantastic in my entire life. I kept drinking more and more of it and feeling like I wanted to live off of it. I was dreaming of getting a cow and never eating anything else again. Seriously. That is when I went online and looked to see if there were other people living off of milk and found the raw milk diet. Then I started having a harder and harder time getting enough milk, it was always sold out. Then, they shut down and I had to go to a different source. It was still local, raw and grass-fed but my body didn't react the same. I felt horrid. I would do almost anything to have that jersey milk back again!
    If you don't mind me asking -- did your weight change, or stay the same? I'm curious because of all the CICO and dairy debates on this forum... I feel like a milk experiment might definitively close both issues.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast