Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coffee stalling weight loss?

Coffee stalling weight loss?

Shop Now
    I'm about 90% primal.. good on amount of walking, IF, great explosive-movement workouts, have improved muscle mass, definition in chest, face, etc, but still have a lot in the middle.

I plan to incorporate more squats once I get my back sorted out,

But I wonder, could my daily 1-2 coffees per day be holding me back? Yes- I know the response would be "stop drinking it and see," but I was curious if anyone else tried this and saw a result.

I rarely eat dairy, except for the half and half in my coffee, and I sweeten with honey (although not much).

Getting a bit frustrated with progress lately. I know- Ignore the scale.... but I weighed in at 119lbs on Monday and I'm a 5'8 male- this is close to my weight when I started 10 months ago. That got me terribly discouraged.

Could coffee make THAT much of a difference? Not sure what else to try.

You weigh eight and a half stone? You should be putting on weight not losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    You weigh eight and a half stone? You should be putting on weight not losing it.
    Oops. I meant 219.

Yes it did for me. I stopped dairy/coffee together, so could have been either.
    But 3 weeks without it, and ive lost now 8 cm on my waist and just over 2 kg. Nothing moved for ages before this.

Oh come on....

there is no way that coffee is stalling your weightloss. not on planet earth.

face. palm. black coffee does not stall weight loss. If anything it helps it.

coffee:

-improves insulin sensitivity
    -revs metabolism
    -heightens energy, focus, and drive

there's more. but take the creamer and sweetener out. use coconut milk instead.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Don't listen to the anecdotal "face palms" and "no ways". Most are addicted to the stuff. Fact of the matter is coffee is a seed that is abrasive to the CNS. It very well can contribute to cortisol production leading to reduced fat loss. Obviously this may be an issue for a minority of people, but it is definitely worth considering. Some can thrive on excessive neurostimulant and some can't, BUT nobody NEEDS it....so giving it up is a viable option for all.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by bdilla View Post
    coffee:

-improves insulin sensitivity
    -revs metabolism
    -heightens energy, focus, and drive.
    all short term effects without consideration to long term health, but if you have some studies to show this as factual please provide some links. I really would like some more info to support my own habbit (I'm down to two cups a day)