Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much fruit page

WhiteRabbit is offline Junior Member

How much fruit

Shop Now
    How much fruit is reasonable? I know I am craving it really bad but I don't want to over do it. Right now I am having twice a day a banana smoothie with strawberries with spinach made from ice and 2 tbs of coconut milk. This sooths the cravings but I still want to eat more fruit.

Just curious to know what others think.

guitarrista is offline Junior Member
    Im new here but i read that a banana is not a fruit you can eat everyday.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Don't gorge yourself on an entire bunch of bananas, a bushel of apples, or two bags of grapes and you'll be fine. Feel free to have a couple of pieces of fruit if you want, if your body is craving real food then give it some real food. My lunch today was a couple pieces of wild caught trout and an apple and orange. It was delicious, nutritious, and good for me, despite what some lunatic with a banana avatar has been claiming around here lately.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Have as much fruit as you want. If you've been doing low-carb for a while, your body may be trying to tell you that it NEEDS something. Trust these signals and satisfy your cravings with real food. Do not worry about carbs or fructose.

I want to suggest, however, that you eat your sweet things before mid-afternoon.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

jakey is offline Senior Member
    don't sweat the fruit. why not eat it, though, rather than drink it??? you'll find that a lot more satisfying if you're craving fruit.

generally, i eat one or two pieces a day. like a banana and berries, or an apple and an orange. never really get the urge to eat more than that, wouldn't worry if i did.

I make the smoothies because I like them. That and I can add an egg or spinach to the mix and it makes a meal.

P.s. I am on primal to loose a significant amount of weight. That might change some people's replies about fruit so I thought that I would put that up there.

kiwigal is offline Senior Member
    Yup zero fruit for me right now. I have 30 pounds to lose and fruit was stalling me out.
    I'll go back to eating it once I maintain

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Need to know more about your overall health to decide if fruit should be 1) OK 2) limited, or 3) No go. But in general, if you are perfectly healthy and active with no signs of insulin resistance issue it should be fine. If your somewhat overweight and want to trim down limiting it is a good idea. If your obese with metabolic syndrome, Type I or II diabetes...so on and so forth its a No go.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit View Post
    P.s. I am on primal to loose a significant amount of weight. That might change some people's replies about fruit so I thought that I would put that up there.
    Nope.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast