Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you for or against dairy consumption? page

Therealdeal is offline Member

Are you for or against dairy consumption?

Primal Fuel
    I'm mainly talking about raw fermented cheese and greek yogurt

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    It works for me. Goat's and sheep's.

Dairy is an even vaguer term than carbs.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Raw and fermented dairy give me no problems whatsoever. I enjoy them frequently.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    It all depends. How do you feel when you eat it? In the beginning I cut it out for about 2 months and then added it back in a little at a time. For me i saw no down side to it. i still don't use a ton. Heavy cream in my coffee, butter in cooking, and a little cheese here and there.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

@lex is offline Senior Member
    I'm agnostic towards it. It doesn't do anything bad to me, but I'm not a huge fan of it either.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

cantare is offline Senior Member
    Some decisions aren't amenable to popular vote. I'm against peoples' harming themselves when they know better, and I'm for their doing whatever works for them. I eat dairy, but avoid bulk lactose, which means milk is out and cream/butter/cheese/yogurt/kefir is in. Works for me...

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I gave up dairy except for butter back in October 2011. I can state that my nasal congestion for whatever reason has improved, even with this early spring and tons of pollen and mold in the air. I also feel better overall. I used to mock those that said that giving up dairy improves health, but I am a believer now.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm neither. each person has to find their own way. I do not consume it, but DS and DH have raw yogurt from our cow share.

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    I use butter on occasion for cooking. I put heavy whipping cream in my eggs. Cheese on occasion. Don't drink much milk as is. I never have drank it a lot, but rather infrequently, so not really giving anything up. Though I do like goats milk enough to drink it more regularly and plan to buy dairy goats when I have some property.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Raw and fermented dairy give me no problems whatsoever. I enjoy them frequently.
    This.

Raw milk. Mmmmm (No lactose problems with raw, and I'm VERY lactose intolerant of pasteurized.)
    10% fat smack you in the face tangy Greek yogurt. Mmmmmm.
    Raw cream and butter.

I don't do much cheese just because I have to avoid salt.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast