Thread: Greetings from Texas page

SgtDave is offline Junior Member

Greetings from Texas

Primal Fuel
    I started with the paleo lifestyle this week and I am encouraged by the results I have seen from others that made the change. I have several friends in competitive shooting that started crossfit and paleo a couple of years ago and they now carry the torch for the lifestyle. I plan on using this plan to increase my athletic ability for the shooting sports as well as losing a few pounds and getting healthier. I am a confirmed carboholic but will do my best to stay on the right path. I started last night with going to a Mexican restaurant with another couple and keeping hands off of the chips and queso dip. The waiter found me some celery sticks from the bar that I used to dip into the guacamole and salsa. I ordered carne asada with no rice or beans and extra grilled veggies. This was the first time that I can remember coming home from a Mexican restaurant without feeling stuffed and miserable so I am happy with the results so far. Hopefully I will get to meet some of you in the future. I joined DFW Crossfit this week and I plan on being there at least 3 days per week. I look forward to learning more from you guys on this forum so I can get better educated on this lifestyle. See you guys later.

Dave

jenniferdsteiner is offline Junior Member
    Kudos to you for the celery from the bar...very resourceful! Keep up the good work!

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome! Last time I was at a Mexican restaurant, I ordered the Texas fajitas (beef, chicken and shrimp) and just ate the guts...okay, so I had a couple bites of rice and beans. There's almost always a way to eat paleo if you're willing to try, so nice work and keep it up!
    I wish I liked to eat liver.