Hello,

I make bone broth via the "48 hour simmer" method with nothing but grass-fed beef bones, a little vinegar, and filtered water. I'm very interested in knowing what its nutritional properties are, particularly in terms of minerals like calcium and magnesium. (A lot of claims have been made, but I think we're mostly in the dark when it comes to broth made in this fashion.)

I found a company (Food Testing Laboratory, Consumer Product Testing, Analytical Laboratory) who does this kind of testing and got some price quotes. I'm particularly interested in the Mineral Package, and am willing to make the broth, send it to them, and pitch in $50 myself. So the purpose of this thread is to see if we can pool the rest of the money together. (I'm also open to other testing options.)

I've set up a pool for the Mineral Package. $180 - $50 + $7 (fees). The link is here: Bone Broth Nutrition Analysis | The Point. You aren't charged unless we reach the goal of $137.

If we can make this happen, I plan to fully document the broth making process with pictures so that everyone can see what was tested.

I have no credentials in the Paleo world. No blog, no website, etc. So I can understand if there's hesitation when it comes to trusting me with this effort -- I got totally stonewalled on Paleohacks by a few people who thought that me being a scammer was a plausible scenario. So I'm giving it another shot here.

Please take a look below and let me know your thoughts. Thanks. :-)

Mineral Package: $180

(Ca, Cu, Fe, K, Mg, Mo, Na, Ni, P, Zn)

Minerals, individual: $35.00 each

(Al, B, Ba, Bi, Ca, Co, Cr, Cu, Fe, K, Mg, Mn, Mo, Na, Ni, P, S, Sc, Se, Si, Sn, Ti, V, W Zn, other inquire)

Complete Nutritional Analysis: $525

Protein Moisture Ash Total Dietary Fiber Cholesterol Fat profile Sugar profile Sodium Iron Calcium Vit A Vit C Carbs Calories Calories from fat

Glucosamine: $250

Chondroitin: $400