Thread: making own fruit escence water? page

Brent* is offline Senior Member

making own fruit escence water?

Shop Now
    So I used to work for a distributor that was owned by talking Rain beverages. (Twist - Talking Rain). I used to drink twist which was a concept based on the simple lemon in water idea, but they did it with a lot of different fruits. Anywho, I love the drink, but am curious how I could duplicate what they make? It's not carbonated, just water with a very light fruity flavor (bluerberry, lemon, mandarin etc flavors), and agave nectar and stevia. 9 cal. per bottle. Not at all overpowering or sweet.

I will probably just experiment but was thinking of juicing some blueberries, lemons, etc and addin a little stevia to sweeten it and see what turns out. Anyone ever try making a beverage like this? It's very light and tasty, and I just don't have the money to buy it all the time!

I have a juicer and will probably just experiment, but would be cool if someone has a good recipe for a drink like this?

Thanks!

Jamilyn121 is offline Senior Member
    I have never had this drink but I buy seltzer water and put whatever I have in. Usually it's (all frozen) blueberries, strawberries, rasberries, mango, whatever, in the glass and then muddle a little bit to get the juices flowing. Add the seltzer water and a lemon slice. I love it. It's not sweet at all but I bet if you either add stevia to this or do what you are going to do it will work great! I love using frozen fruit as ice cubes and the seltzer feels like I am having a yummy spritzer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamilyn121 View Post
    I have never had this drink but I buy seltzer water and put whatever I have in. Usually it's (all frozen) blueberries, strawberries, rasberries, mango, whatever, in the glass and then muddle a little bit to get the juices flowing. Add the seltzer water and a lemon slice. I love it. It's not sweet at all but I bet if you either add stevia to this or do what you are going to do it will work great! I love using frozen fruit as ice cubes and the seltzer feels like I am having a yummy spritzer.
    frozen fruit ice cubes? I like it! I'll have to try that. Thanks for the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by tresa View Post
    I have this cheapo plastic infuser ball - you put your fruit/herbs/etc in it, and drop it in your pitcher. I like doing fruit slices, especially watermelon, in my iced tea. Its handy, and holds the pieces together - especially nice if you are using herbs like mint or basil.

I got mine at Target (U.S.) but Amazon has em for a few bucks: Jokari Infuser Ball
    cool, looks handy. Thanks! I might try going a step up and getting the pitcher: Amazon.com: Prodyne Fruit Infusion 93-Ounce Natural Fruit Flavor Pitcher: Kitchen & Dining

great reviews for it too!

ginahaggins is offline Junior Member
    That sounds yummy but wouldn't fruits make one acidic?