Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It Time to Embrace Pink Slime? (Article Name) page

harambur is offline Member

Is It Time to Embrace Pink Slime? (Article Name)

Shop Now
    It's really sad what we are doing to our children and ourselves.

What a mess we have gotten ourselves in, all in the name of profit.

Is It Time to Embrace Pink Slime? - Ari LeVaux - Health - The Atlantic

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I hope not. I bought some Halal ground beef yesterday and it was yummy. Probably grain-fed, but I don't care, it made good hamburgers.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Pink slime should be considered dog food. I think it takes real cynicism to consider it fit for children. I mean, motherly instinct would tell you it's dog food, not people food. Even if pink slime could be considered perfectly safe for human consumption, you just wouldn't serve something like that to someone you love. That's probably the biggest issue I have with all our factory food. Giant corporations have no use for motherly love; it's not profitable. Remove that, and it's just not nourishment anymore, it's dog food.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Pink slime should be considered dog food. I think it takes real cynicism to consider it fit for children. I mean, motherly instinct would tell you it's dog food, not people food. Even if pink slime could be considered perfectly safe for human consumption, you just wouldn't serve something like that to someone you love. That's probably the biggest issue I have with all our factory food. Giant corporations have no use for motherly love; it's not profitable. Remove that, and it's just not nourishment anymore, it's dog food.
    It's not even worthy of being coyote bait..let alone to feed to my pets or those I care about. I'll grind my own meat before I ever buy the stuff.

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to run a nice juicy raw steak through my juicer today to make a burger for dinner.

1st time attempting it and not sure how I will clean all the juicer attachments after... but it's gotta be better than the pink goo.

Buddyaguthrie is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb

Basically whats wrong with pink slime is the chemichals they use to seperate it, not the gibblets of meat that are surrounding the bones that the amonia is used to get. Those are the best parts, its natural fat thats delicious, and holds all kinds of nutrients.
    We butcher our own beef, we use no chemichals just a band saw and some sharp knives, but you can damn sure bet I get all those goodies in my burger!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    I'm going to run a nice juicy raw steak through my juicer today to make a burger for dinner.

1st time attempting it and not sure how I will clean all the juicer attachments after... but it's gotta be better than the pink goo.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Pink Slime = the mixture of brain/spinal fluids and ammonium hydroxide.
    This is non-muscle meat and allowing it in any meats is fraudulent labelling....I agree.
    This 'mixture' has been linked to cancer and the World Cancer Research Fund recommends to avoid it...totally agree.

This sounds disgusting. On top of this they add meat glue, food color agents and preservatives....mmmh yummm?

I'm so glad I found MDA!

keevelish is offline Senior Member
    It shouldn't be considered dog food! Dogs should get nice raw meaty bones and healthy organs too.

Pink slime is not food for anyone.

Chattyprincess is offline Junior Member
    I so have been blogging about this and thankfully one of the lunch ladies refs my blog and is makin change in our district.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    I don't buy ground anything anymore and on the news they had those for pink slime saying that it must stay in meat to save jobs...so now pink slime saves the economy or some sh!t...whatevs...it is a sad state of affairs when they try to JUSTIFY adding in poison to REAL food....why does meat need fillers AT ALL?
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast