Thread: Dr. Nakamatsu page

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

Dr. Nakamatsu

Primal Fuel
    So I was watching one of my favorite shows, Bizarre Foods, it's surprisingly "primal" given that most foods considered 'bizarre' to us in the west are offal, etc.

Anyway, the host, Andrew Zimmern was in Tokyo and he visited Dr. Nakamatsu who is apparently very famous for inventing a lot of things and being a pretty eccentric character. He told Zimmern that he has photographed every meal he's ever had for the last 35 years, and taken a blood sample shortly afterwards, as he's obsessed with efficiency and he wanted to see which foods were most nutritious, etc, then he blurts out "one meal a day is best." He eats a single 700 calorie meal at night, sleeps only about 4 hours a night, exercises, etc and thinks his way of life will allow him to live past 100.

"Although this may seem like a lot of trouble to go to, Dr. NakaMats only eats a single 700-calorie meal in the evening, so he only needs to take a single photograph per day. Dr. NakaMats reckons that his diet regimen, which includes seaweed and chicken livers, will allow him to live to the age of 144."

Dr. NakaMats snags Ig Nobel for diet research

Nothing new to us, but if you haven't heard of him, I thought it was worth a share. He's a pretty interesting guy in general, apparently every night at 11pm he goes for a swim in a local pool, and swims submerged until he gets close to passing out, all the while jotting notes for ideas (underwater) he claims some of his best ideas have come to him right as he needed to come up for air.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    very cool. i love eccentric alots.

I mean, I like eccentrics a lot.

Monika is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    So I was watching one of my favorite shows, Bizarre Foods, it's surprisingly "primal" given that most foods considered 'bizarre' to us in the west are offal, etc.

Nothing new to us, but if you haven't heard of him, I thought it was worth a share. He's a pretty interesting guy in general, apparently every night at 11pm he goes for a swim in a local pool, and swims submerged until he gets close to passing out, all the while jotting notes for ideas (underwater) he claims some of his best ideas have come to him right as he needed to come up for air.
    thanks for sharing...pretty interesting little dude....