Talking Primal Journal (Tess)

Primal Fuel
    Primal Start Date: March 7, 2012
    SW: 148.5 lbs
    CW: 143 lbs
    Starting BMI: 25.3
    CBMI: 24.5
    WOD: None so far

I realized it's very quiet in my head these days. That sounds a tad psychotic, I know-- but what I mean is, that constant niggling urge to snack and nibble is gone. Vanished. Eating is really a non-issue now.

I get up, I usually go two or three hours, then I'm hungry. I eat meat, veg and maybe fruit. I stop at a reasonable portion without the slightest exertion of will power. If I've dished out too much food, then the excess becomes literally nauseating after hitting the satiety point.

Until real physical hunger comes again, eating anything is about as appealing as licking the carpet. Before Primal, I was a real see-food addict. If someone else was eating it, and I could see it (much less smell it!) I wanted some too, whether I was hungry or not. Now, watching someone else eat when I'm not hungry is about like watching someone file their nails. *shrug* As for the smell of food, it's still pleasant when I'm not hungry-- but more like the scent of a rose or lilac. I like the scent, but it doesn't make me want to nosh on a lovely spring bouquet.

Without stressing over it, planning on it, struggling with it-- I've fallen into a one meal a day habit, or one meal and a piece of fruit in the evening habit, depending on hunger levels. My hunger is FINALLY seeming to sync up with my exertion levels. Days I don't move much, I don't want to eat as much. I don't plan it that way, it just falls into place. That constant little nagging urge of 'hmm, I'd like a snack' has been completely silenced through no conscious effort at all.

WHERE was this WOE for my entire life to this point? I have begged, prayed, and struggled to get to this point of peace with food my entire life. A point where eating was as emotionally unloaded as blinking or breathing-- just something done naturally, without a lot of thinking or stress. I've put myself through the self-examination grinding mill trying to come up with some deep seated, hidden self-destructive, self-comforting compensation pattern, when apparently the entire problem was that grains and refined sugar were pharmacologicaly hijacking my brain!

Ah the peace of this mental silence. It's far sweeter than any confection on the planet!

Tess is offline Member
    Primal Start Date: March 7, 2012
    SW: 148.5 lbs
    CW: 143 lbs
    Starting BMI: 25.3
    CBMI: 24.5
    WOD: 3 mile walk to forage the mail. Took me an hour, plus the five mins or so spent in line at the post office.

I'm beginning to feel my glutes activate more as I walk. Haven't found a pair of minimal shoes yet that don't blister the heck out of my feet when worn without socks, so I'm bopping around still in a pair of athletic shoes that have at least five hundred literal miles on them coupled with some Fila Skeletoe socks.

For some reason today my shoulders felt really stiff and achy during my walk, and my hands felt like they were trying to swell. Probably too much keyboard time yesterday, huh? I kept pulling my shoulders down out of my ears and back, and trying to flex and work my hands. Finished up ok though and it was more an annoyance than any real discomfort.

Haven't eaten anything yet, and am just now starting to feel hungry. Nothing really sounds good to me, though, so I'll wait a bit longer. Off to the shower to wash off the massive pollen dump....