Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An IF question... page

dioica is offline Junior Member

An IF question...

Primal Fuel
    I've been primal since January 8th, and have yet to be able to successfully fast. I could do it, but from the reading I've done on MDA, you're not supposed to feel like you're dying and I'd rather not feel like an anorexic. I am 100% primal, so I'm not really understanding why, when I try to skip a meal, my body is screaming at me to eat an hour after I missed my meal. Inevitably I eat a snack because I don't think IF is supposed to feel like that. Normally I eat three meals a day and around 1,000 to 1,400 (I'm 5'2'' and small). Sometimes I snack, but not usually since I pack a lunch each day and have to carry my food with me (I'm a student and have a job on campus). Thoughts? Advice? Is IF really that important to being primal? An info would be much appreciated!!

dboxing is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dioica View Post
    I've been primal since January 8th, and have yet to be able to successfully fast. I could do it, but from the reading I've done on MDA, you're not supposed to feel like you're dying and I'd rather not feel like an anorexic. I am 100% primal, so I'm not really understanding why, when I try to skip a meal, my body is screaming at me to eat an hour after I missed my meal. Inevitably I eat a snack because I don't think IF is supposed to feel like that. Normally I eat three meals a day and around 1,000 to 1,400 (I'm 5'2'' and small). Sometimes I snack, but not usually since I pack a lunch each day and have to carry my food with me (I'm a student and have a job on campus). Thoughts? Advice? Is IF really that important to being primal? An info would be much appreciated!!
    It's ok to feel hungry.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    You don't have to fast.

Martha is offline Senior Member

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    You don't HAVE to IF, but if you choose to, get used to feeling hunger.

FWIW, I have been IFing 20-24 hours daily for the last week simply based on lack of time to prepare/eat food. Thanks to Primal lifestyle, I know it's not going to kill me, let alone go into "Starvation" or some crap like that.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I don't really agree with IF'ing if it makes you feel like your gonna naw off your arm. It really should not cause you much discomfort if your body is fairly metabolically fit and able to resort to its fat stores as fuel. If it is not acclimated to doing this then IF is just stressful, and not very helpful IMO. I began IF'ing spontaneously. Just skipping breakfast....or reduced calorie breakfast (coffee and heavy cream) seems like the easiest meal to start with.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    IMO~ listen to your body. It may not be ready to IF yet. If I had continued to listen to my body when it didn't want breakfast/lunch, I wouldn't have that extra 4" in my backside When you 'forget' to eat, or just don't feel like eating, then go with it and don't worry. It'll happen when your body is ready, if you try to force it, you'll just get frustrated.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Alot of people find the easiest strategy to get into it, is to eat big before bed, then skip breakfast until they genuinely feel hungry. You fast at night everyday.
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I like the idea of skipping breakfast more than skipping lunch. I used to skip breakfast and dinner every day back when I was in my 20's and only weighed 140 lbs... seems my 214 lbs requires more food. I would like to fast eventually, but I'm not ready for it yet, I don't think. Instead, I'll do mini-fasts where I delay a meal if I'm not hungry right at mealtime.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

ckck1234 is offline Senior Member
    Would someone please tell me how to make a new thread?

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast