Thread: Intermittent Fasting: Need help page

mjp
    mjp is offline Member

Intermittent Fasting: Need help

Shop Now
    I have been using IF based on the Leangains approach since early January. I have been using a feeding time of 1-9pm. I chose this time for the following reasons. I typically work from 8am-4pm, and work out immediately upon getting home. This is usually around 4:45-5pm that I will start my workouts. I break my fast at 1pm with a meal that will usually be around 6-700 calories, and don't typically eat again until after my workout. This will leave me about 3 hrs to eat the remainder of my food. My big question: I find it very difficult to eat enough to consistently get my total cals for the day above 2000. I am a 43yr old male, and currently weigh 195lbs. I am looking for any suggestions from anyone who has tried IF'ing.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Maybe add some butter or almonds, though I know Martin doesn't like almonds due to the omega-6 content. Add some olive oil on a big a$$ salad- goat cheese also.

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Maybe add some butter or almonds, though I know Martin doesn't like almonds due to the omega-6 content. Add some olive oil on a big a$$ salad- goat cheese also.
    Your go to nutrient here is always going to be fat due to the high caloric density. I use flax oil on my salads. It adds a nice nutty flavor and significant amounts of Omega-3s. I am also a big fan of Goat Butter ( since I like the taste ... YMMV ) which you can find at Whole Paycheck.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

mjp
    mjp is offline Member
    I really appreciate both your responses. I add butter to most meals now, but I am going to go out and try the flax oil. I also have been meaning to buy some almond butter. You are both right on with the higher fat items. That sounds like just the answer I have been looking for. Thank you.

mjp
    mjp is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I really appreciate both your responses. I add butter to most meals now, but I am going to go out and try the flax oil. I also have been meaning to buy some almond butter. You are both right on with the higher fat items. That sounds like just the answer I have been looking for. Thank you.