Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Akrasia: skin-picking accountability journal. page 3

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I messed up I was in the shower and I have a mirror in my shower and all of the whiteheads were showing up because of the steam and I thought "just one"... But it never stops at one and it didnt stop at one this time...

Back to counting down from 10. I've learnt a lesson this time and I'll try again.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I've been having a really hard time since yesterday afternoon. I'm still struggling with the acne flare-up that happened this week. I'm mostly clear, but I developed a pimple on the edge of my lip (where it's really painful to pop & it's kind of hard). I've been applying tea tree oil whenever I can (maybe I should've brought it to work!) but am having a really hard time keeping my hands off of it despite it being so much less noticeable when it's not all red from me picking! I've been depressed t he past couple of days so that's not helping either.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Today has been a good day. I've started to squeeze and then stopped myself a few times! YAY!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    So, the stress hit over the past few days, thus the picking returned. I wasn't as bad this time though.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

The terrible zit on the edge of my lip finally dried up and I absently picked at it and the scab came off. There isn't anything left to pick, though you can still see it, so that's a relief anyway. It's mostly things I can feel that bother me.

I just got a tattoo today so I'm just focusing on caring for that and it's taking my mind off picking other things.

Awesome everyone! Sounds like everyone is going well as I'm starting to stuff up! Ha!

I had a really horrible afternoon though... I started the GAPS diet (hoping it might help with acne) and went to one of my favorite no-veg oil no-grain places to eat today and ordered something I always order but without salad (then it was GAPS intro friendly) and someone else in the shop goes "ah you love your meat" and i smiled and was like "yeah" and the owner of the shop who is a little weird and intimidating but had always been nice until today quite maliciously said loud enough for the whole shop to hear "yeh she eats too much fat. That's why she has pimples all over her face. Too much fat clogging up all her pores." I stayed quiet and ate my meal then went and cried in my car. I never cry.

That is so rude! If they weren't the owner, I would've asked to speak with their superior. I think I would've cried too, or gotten super mad. What a load of bullshit too, they don't know a damn thing they're talking about.

I just picked at the skin where that lip-pimple was. d'oh. I put some coconut oil on it so hopefully that will help with any inflammation I just caused! I slathered some on my face last night (forehead, which is often dry and oily, and chin, which is where I usually break out), and my skin felt so much better this morning. I'm also using it on my new tattoo

Yeh, it is a load of crap. I think part of why i was so upset was because this guy is pretty old but looks really healthy and he has a lot of things right regarding diet (though he thinks millet isnt a grain) and i was already half broken from a long day so it just threw my resolve for the PB for a loop and was just so confusing. But i realised that thinking FAT is clogging your pores is just as simplistic as picturing it clogging your arteries with no confounding factors. Also, why would i feel so much better on a high fat diet if it was being generally detrimental to my health? Maybe his lack of fat intake is messing with his brain!

I also find that coconut oil really soothes things. Though isn't that the most frustrating when youve left a pimple alone for so long and then mess up? It's like ahhh all that hard work!

I picked at pimples last night but am determined to started counting to 10 again and I haven't picked anything today and the day is nearly over. I think I want to be able to see how GAPS will affect my skin and picking would interfere with the judgement.
    Last edited by SophieE; 04-03-2012 at 01:47 AM.

I've been picking a lot today. Poor nose. I just keep forgetting! I'm going to go fill up my water bottle and focus on hydrating instead of fiddling with my hands. I haven't been having a lot of water today & usually I do. That's a weird correlation, but if it works, I'm not complaining.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Try cod liver oil to help clear your skin up with good PB low carb approach. Eliminate dairy, it mimicks insulin and causes breakouts in a lot of people.
    Try the flower essence Walnut for changes and Crab Apple to help you love yourself more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast