Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Akrasia: skin-picking accountability journal. page 2

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ive had 3 successful days so far and the fourth day has just begun. How is everyone else going?

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday wasn't so good, but it could have been much worse. My old manager is right, you can tell when I'm getting stressed cause I'll just pick at the stuff. Today is much better. Pretty much no stress right now.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

5th day is just beginning. I've been successful so far but yesterday was haaarrdd!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    My weekend went okay. I've been forgetting more today at work than I did over the weekend, and I have my reminder post-it here, not at home! I guess it's mostly boredom.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Last night was bad for me. I was really upset about something and before I knew what was going on, I had picked at my legs a bunch. Ugh!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

cmon guys! I think one of the reasons this is working for me is that I have a goal in mind- my boyfriend is visiting from interstate this weekend and he's never seen me with skin this bad. What is an occasion in the next month that you'll particularly benefit from having kicked your habit by?

Just having admitted it here is reminding me constantly that I shouldn't do this, so accountability helps! It never helped me to tell someone in my active life, mostly because my boyfriend is the only one I'd tell. Unfortunately my habits are ones that I've always excelled at hiding so it's hard for me to set a tangible goal. If it was mid-winter, I'd say no picking of the schnozz for no nose bleeds!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm... ok, my goal will be focusing on the warm weather coming soon. I wear tights right now, but would love to wear a sun dress and not feel like a leper.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Today went well too! 7th day over- onto the next! Meanwhile I bought fermented cod liver oil and butter oil (foul stuff) and I've taken it twice and I don't know if I'm imagining things or it's just hormonal changes but I reckon my skin has already gotten a little better today whereas before it just kept getting worse and worse. Well I'll see how it goes I guess!

I am taking a couple of tablespoons of Carlson's Cod Liver Oil, unflavored (ew, I'll get lemon next time), at least a few times a week because I know my omega-3 levels are probably low and way out of whack with my omega-6 intake. They say it helps with depression so I want to take it diligently to see if it at least helps with that!

I find that a daily application of coconut oil (I don't like eating it, but I'll wear it haha) on my skin makes it feel much butter all around. If you have oily skin on your face, maybe don't put it there until your skin clears up more, but I like using it on my very dry legs and hands. It would probably help with the healing too

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast