Thread: Day 2 Primal Postie page

Primal Postie is offline Junior Member

Day 2 Primal Postie

Primal Fuel
    Hmm Here we go again

Ive been primal off and on and it has been hard as my wife has not been that supportive. However when I am on I feel much better and hurt less.

I currently obese and Weigh 242 Pounds 5' 8' tall and am a letter carrier up here in The frozen North of Alberta Canada. I am on day 2.5 of the 21 day challenge in Marks book. My main concern is the level of Activity. I walk around 3 to 4 hours and climb about 900 steps a day while delivering and carrying up to 40 pounds of mail.

At about 7:15 am I usually eat a 4 egg omlette with some homemade paleo breakfast sausage or have 3 tablespoons of almond butter. Then as I am not sure what to eat/carry as a snack and I that I do not stop for lunch I usually do not eat until around 2-3 Pm in the afternoon. Usually then I eat some berries and some protein. Then for Dinner usually chicken or beef or pork with a salad and call it quits for eating for the day.
    As an example today I have eaten 1124 calories and breaks down to 52.7% fat 36.3% Protein and 11% Carbs.

According to my calculations I am burning between 900-1200 calories a day from work and this is before adding any strength work or extra cardio.

So I am eating 900-1100 Calories a day and am burning around 3700 Calories a day. I am feeling great, My sleep has improved. When I get a little hungry come mid morning I have some cold water. I am not having any strong hunger issues yet that I can see. I have lost about 3 pounds a day for the last few days.... But I think that this is mainly water as I have increased my mail delivery by 2 hours as I changed routes.

Does this make sense? Is there any risk here? Should I be snacking in the middle of the day?

Any help would be appreciated!

evertastica is offline Member
    If you feel good, keep what you're doing. I'm no expert and i'm sure you'll get much more detailed replies but for now stay with what your doing. Snacking isn't really necessary, I'd stick to 2-3 meals per day. The fasting is probably benefiting you. Only issue i'd be concerned about is that you are active but consuming a fairly low amount of calories. Just be aware you may need to eat more eventually to keep up.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evertastica View Post
    If you feel good, keep what you're doing. I'm no expert and i'm sure you'll get much more detailed replies but for now stay with what your doing. Snacking isn't really necessary, I'd stick to 2-3 meals per day. The fasting is probably benefiting you. Only issue i'd be concerned about is that you are active but consuming a fairly low amount of calories. Just be aware you may need to eat more eventually to keep up.
    +1

It seems like you might be in danger of going into starvation mode and hanging onto fat. Experiment. Maybe a few more carbs would work better.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.