Thread: brownies... page

chia is offline Senior Member

brownies...

Primal Fuel
    hey i made those walnut meal brownies from the primal blueprint cookbook.... they are DIVINE... the recipe called for a quarter cup of honey..I used half that..they still taste fabs!!.. drizzle some blackberries and their juice on top.. a dollop of whipped cream...... ;-)

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    I used to make raw brownies with soft dates and walnuts(equal parts). Throw them in the food processor with cocoa powder and maybe some vanilla. So fricken good - but a fructose bomb, so I no longer indulge.

Wait . . . that may have been fudge, not brownies.
    Anyway, you just press the ball of batter in a pan and let chill.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    I used to make raw brownies with soft dates and walnuts(equal parts). Throw them in the food processor with cocoa powder and maybe some vanilla. So fricken good - but a fructose bomb, so I no longer indulge.
    I'd be more concerned about the anti-nutrients and the omega 6 content of the cocoa and nuts more than the fructose. Semantics aside, since I honestly don't care about those things when ingested in moderation, those sound delicious and I'm going to try them sometime in the near future.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

chia is offline Senior Member
    yes, that's fudge.... sound divine.. i made some of that too.. just out of my head...coconut oil..almond butter...ground almonds..coconut flakes...a half cup of organic dark chocolate....

this brownie recipe has SO little sugar it's incredible..I used probably 2 tbsp of honey for the decent size cake.........
    then when you add toppings, if you wanted to, you get extra sweetness that way. I think nexxt time too I may add a ripe mashed banana......

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chia View Post
    yes, that's fudge.... sound divine.. i made some of that too.. just out of my head...coconut oil..almond butter...ground almonds..coconut flakes...a half cup of organic dark chocolate....

this brownie recipe has SO little sugar it's incredible..I used probably 2 tbsp of honey for the decent size cake.........
    then when you add toppings, if you wanted to, you get extra sweetness that way. I think nexxt time too I may add a ripe mashed banana......
    I'm gonna go on the record as saying that a banana, some coconut milk/ milk/ water/ liquid of choice, a bit of honey or maple syrup, and some dark chocolate blended up is absolutely amazing. I usually drink that with a protein based meal after a workout or hard day at work, and it really hits the spot.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    banana, some coconut milk/ milk/ water/ liquid of choice, a bit of honey or maple syrup, and some dark chocolate blended up is absolutely amazing.
    Ohh, yumm, that sounds good too!