Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Boyfriend Says Were Eaters page 2

CanadianGirl is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamilyn121 View Post
    I'm enjoying following you. Keep up the good work and good luck in Vegas!
    Thanks! I am glad someone enjoys my rambling. It is a great way to keep focus and a plus if i can add enjoyment to someones day!
    CanadianGirl
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Continuing to follow, just some quick observations on your last post:

1. A slow weight loss week, one where nothing happens (basically) is expected. I know for me at least I can looking forward to every other week or so being a slow week where the results are not as good as the week before. The leptin reset idea sounds like a good one once you get back from Vegas.

2. As far as organic meat goes, can't help much there. I live smack dab in the middle of Alabama and organic meat is rare here. I do the best I can with what the grocery store has and, honestly, I don't think it makes that much a difference. When I first started Primal I ate organic meat as often as I could, but I was in a different (much more open minded) state then; since coming back to Alabama I have barely had any organic meat but I really haven't felt any adverse effects from it. I don't think you should worry about it too much but, as with everything Primal, each person has their own individual needs, so don't take my word as gold.

3. Have fun at Vegas and be as Primal as you can while there; it'll be tough because, well, it's Vegas, but be comforted in the fact that even if you aren't as Primal as you can be there you can reset when you get back.

And that's all I got. Keep up the good work, keep the faith, and keep us updated.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Bamboozel is offline Senior Member
    Great read and good luck! Maybe keep a check on your portion sizes if you are finding that you aren't losing as much weight as you expected. You may find that even cutting your portions by a quarter could make the difference in what you lose

Good luck in vegas! Just be strong about staying away from all that yucky artificial sweet stuff, processed carbs and anything that you know is going to be bad. I'm sure u will be fine

Good Morning!

Good news the to big belt dilemma is solved. Not how you think, so my old, to big belt that G insisted we could just put more holes in, was chewed by the dogs today good riddance 2X Large belt, now I can go buy a new belt to take me through the next 5 inches or so. I sent the picture to G. I really like new belts, old ones get warped and the wholes get messy looking, maybe I buy cheap belts, but this is what they do. I generally don't spend a lot on clothes, because I am always telling myself, it just has to last till I lose 20lbs, or something like that. I have bought really nice clothes that dont fit me yet, thinking they are great motivation. Hopefully they are still in style when I get there :P

Down 2.5 pounds this week. Really happy about that, as I was stalled for a bit there. Going sugar free till Vegas though, except fruit. Did not eat a lot of sugar, but no sugar seems to work, so I guess it was enough to have an impact. To bad because there are some really great recipes with Honey in them, but I guess that will have to wait till I reach my goal. I don't even know what my goal is, but I have never thought I would want to be "skinny". I like curves, but would like them to fit in regular clothes, and be able to shop everywhere. I like the Marilyn Monroe type body, so that's what were shooting for. My "Ideal" high body weight is 161, that means I would have to lose a total of 113 pounds, with 92 left to go. I don't look at my body and see where 92 pounds will come from, but I imagine it must be tucked in there somewhere. When I tell people I have 100 pounds to lose they don't believe me, I think i am just proportioned well, the fat is not in excess in any one place, its more of a everywhere fluffiness.

We went for sushi with friends this weekend, I love sushi, gained a pound the day after, but it was not like when I had pho, I can live with the small set back in order to still have some "normal" activities, our friends are great about the Primal thing, well some of them, Gary said we don't need to be evangelistic primal people, as I have one friend who would do really well with this, but she is not open to what I am telling her. And that makes me sad. Maybe in another 20 pounds when it is really obvious they will be more open.

Our friends had a baby this weekend, so that is fun, everyone got together, (minus mom and baby were still in hospital) for the traditional cigar. It was fun, but I am sure my lungs are wrecked. I had a cigarello with the girls but there were 6 giant stogies burning in the garage. I had to throw all my clothes in the wash as soon as i got home. Everything down to my underwear stunk. I used to be a "smoker" mostly at work as G never really liked it, but now I am pretty sensitive to the smell, and its yucky. Point of this story, is we got talking about detox's, I have a couple friends who did the foot one, and they said theirs was really bad due to second hand smoke, does anyone know if these work, as I have 27 years of second hand smoke, and first hand, I would like to clean out of my lungs. I did a detox a few years ago and it was great, I felt awesome, would like to incorporate a detox soon for sure.

Couple of complaints this week, I have not had the same energy I have had in the previous weeks, and terrible back pain in my lower back. Is it possible due to the minor sugar/ honey intake my carb flu is late, or am I missing something. I stopped taking multi vitamins as I have read to much is a bad thing and am just taking omegas and magnesium. I am sure there will be a lot of experimenting happening. Would be awesome if there was a device like the one for diabetes that gave you a vitamin and mineral level read out so you knew what to take every day. I am sure one day they will. But for now you just have to wait and see when you change things up. About the back pain, I don't experience much in general, so it is odd to have had it for 5 days straight.

9 sleeps till Vegas and a giant effort to lose 3.5 more pounds to get below the 250 mark. Its amazing how motivating a vacation can be to look great. I am off to go shopping now. Time to get better toothpaste and a jar of coconut oil for my bathroom. I am using it as a moisturizer and I really like the effect it has on my skin. Going to the kitchen pantry for your beauty products is a little strange, and G gives me weird looks every time. Even though we have been using it on his eczema too.

Bye for now!
    CanadianGirl

It's been awhile since I have written, life has been hectic since coming back from Vegas.

I am still Primal, but with a pretty bad relapse in Vegas, we totally were not prepared for it.

We lasted two days, and then although the main parts of our meals were meat, we stopped saying no to bread. And had one meal of really bad.. fettuccine Alfredo. Which was not nearly as good as the stuff at the place we used to go to here. I gained 12 pounds that week. Most of it has come back off, but am struggling with the last two. Because it was birthday season, I had my birthday last week. It was g's moms birthday last week, and i had two birthday party's. So last week I was paleo plus cake, and two pieces of pizza.

This week is off to a great start, but the weight is being stuburn. I am not eating much, really working on sticking to meat so my body can get back to the way it was before we left. Your body reverts back to carb burning way easier then fat burning. I know how good I will feel in a couple days though, I love the never being painfully hungry part and i was painfully hungry by the end of Vegas.

I have not started the leptin reset as it says once you do it you have to be really strict about the eating schedule for forever, and I am not sure if I am ready to give up snacking for the rest of my life. That's a pretty huge commitment. I am not a giant snacker, maybe in a couple months I will be more willing.

Working really hard on getting our parents to go primal. Dad is type two diabetic and my mom is a yo yo dieter. G's parents are also constantly worried about their weight. I want them so feel the way we do when we are eating this way. I am going to go and buy the books for everyone and see what I can do.

I set a personal goal for myself at the beginning of the year. G and I got engaged on New Years and that is what spurred all the crazy health stuff, I will not be fat in my wedding dress. I want to be healthy when its time to have children, and I want to give them a good start. And I want to have the energy to be a great mom. So the first goal is lose 50#'s and I can go dress shopping. I was at 25 pounds before vegas, with 25 to go, now its 27 to go. I have often thought about going and trying on a dress fat and posting the picture everywhere, for motivation. But then I saw my friend in her dress, and she is bigger then me and looked fabulous, so I guess that wouldn't work. Any tips for keeping focus. My self accountability lacks sometimes.

For breakfast I was thinking about mixing it up with some whey protein shakes with berries. I like berries in smoothies but not really on their own, so I think this would be a great way to get berries in my, but i have tried a couple protien shakes and can not stomach them. Any suggestions?

How many carbs do most woman need for optimal weight loss? I know for men ketosis is key, but I am eating vlc this week and nothing is happening. Usually the scale moves a couple of decimal points daily for me. Frustrating when it doesn't. If nothing happens tomorrow then I will add some carbs back in. I need to get this optimized asap. I want to go shopping!!
    CanadianGirl

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianGirl View Post
    Got some great coconut milk soap today, and some fragrance oil. Trying to figure out what the best hair care system is for me. I currently use a chemical filled product for thin hair, but am pretty convinced thats not Paleo at all. If you have any thoughts let me know.
    I use Aveda Clove Shampoo > Shampoo > Hair Care > Aveda.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    If you go back to Vegas, the restaurant (not the grill by the entrance) hidden in the back of the spa in Mirage is delish. Pomegranate stir fry, and the breakfast options (ask for whole eggs instead of whites on some of them) looked great.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianGirl View Post
    It's been awhile since I have written, life has been hectic since coming back from Vegas.

I am still Primal, but with a pretty bad relapse in Vegas, we totally were not prepared for it.

We lasted two days, and then although the main parts of our meals were meat, we stopped saying no to bread. And had one meal of really bad.. fettuccine Alfredo. Which was not nearly as good as the stuff at the place we used to go to here. I gained 12 pounds that week. Most of it has come back off, but am struggling with the last two. Because it was birthday season, I had my birthday last week. It was g's moms birthday last week, and i had two birthday party's. So last week I was paleo plus cake, and two pieces of pizza.

This week is off to a great start, but the weight is being stuburn. I am not eating much, really working on sticking to meat so my body can get back to the way it was before we left. Your body reverts back to carb burning way easier then fat burning. I know how good I will feel in a couple days though, I love the never being painfully hungry part and i was painfully hungry by the end of Vegas.

I have not started the leptin reset as it says once you do it you have to be really strict about the eating schedule for forever, and I am not sure if I am ready to give up snacking for the rest of my life. That's a pretty huge commitment. I am not a giant snacker, maybe in a couple months I will be more willing.

Working really hard on getting our parents to go primal. Dad is type two diabetic and my mom is a yo yo dieter. G's parents are also constantly worried about their weight. I want them so feel the way we do when we are eating this way. I am going to go and buy the books for everyone and see what I can do.

I set a personal goal for myself at the beginning of the year. G and I got engaged on New Years and that is what spurred all the crazy health stuff, I will not be fat in my wedding dress. I want to be healthy when its time to have children, and I want to give them a good start. And I want to have the energy to be a great mom. So the first goal is lose 50#'s and I can go dress shopping. I was at 25 pounds before vegas, with 25 to go, now its 27 to go. I have often thought about going and trying on a dress fat and posting the picture everywhere, for motivation. But then I saw my friend in her dress, and she is bigger then me and looked fabulous, so I guess that wouldn't work. Any tips for keeping focus. My self accountability lacks sometimes.

For breakfast I was thinking about mixing it up with some whey protein shakes with berries. I like berries in smoothies but not really on their own, so I think this would be a great way to get berries in my, but i have tried a couple protien shakes and can not stomach them. Any suggestions?

How many carbs do most woman need for optimal weight loss? I know for men ketosis is key, but I am eating vlc this week and nothing is happening. Usually the scale moves a couple of decimal points daily for me. Frustrating when it doesn't. If nothing happens tomorrow then I will add some carbs back in. I need to get this optimized asap. I want to go shopping!!
    Sorry to hear you relapsed in Vegas, but you're back, you've undone most of the damage, and that's the important thing. VLC may not be the way to go for you, but I know that when I hit a plateau I IF for a day, see if that works out. Adding carbs back in will probably make a difference too, so choose between those two options.

How's your sleep schedule been lately? If you're not getting enough sleep, that might be an issue. I might have said it before, so it's just me being a broken record, feel free to ignore.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    1) the only protein powder I've found that I really liked was the Jay Robb egg ones. Vanilla mixes well with fruit. The chocolate is decadent with strawberries. I normally mixed it with coconut milk & frozen fruit.

2) VLC does not work for a good number of people. I lurve my sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Thanks for the info everyone.

I don't always sleep well, its really hit or miss, sometimes i fall asleep no problem, other times its takes forever. I tend to play games on my ipad while i listen to paleo podcasts till I am sleepy, and that is sometimes lights out at 11 and sometimes its after midnight. I find this generally works better then reading or just trying to go right to sleep. I am a worrier so my brain just speeds up at bed time not slows down. I generally am out of bed at 7:45 am, but G is up at 5 so i am awake at that point too, as G heats snooze about 10 times every morning. I need 8 hours every day, 7.5 is ok but not the same as 8.

Twibble-Where do you get Jay Robs? I went to my local health store and they didn't have it.

So my week this week was better then last week but still not back on track. We have a group of friends that get together every two weeks to geek out and although we are all on pretty healthy food journeys, we take that night to eat junk. We made taco salad with organic chips from the market, and all the fixings. I would say pretty primal, not perfect. But then there was Menchies frozen yogurt, which if not for the sugar it would be fine ish. We had cheezies and corn chips and some real fruit gummies. And i had a mickey of malibu and some orange juice. Could have been worse, it used to be way worse. I only gained half a pound the next morning and I was blown away, i was expecting way more.

Then we go to the farm to help G`s mom and step dad, G mows the lawn and I am helping clean out the old farm house where G`s step Grandpa lived, he was a horder so its a giant job. I was pretty excited, lots of stairs and lifting heavy things. For lunch we had fruit and veggies, and peanut butter. And a diet Cola, for supper we had Vietnamese. And last time we had Vietnamese I never gained any weight. But this time the next morning I was up 3 pounds.....ummm ok, i was a little surprised.

So far this week I have been decent. I have been bad only in the tortilla chips I have been eating with the guacamole we got at the market on Sunday. I am not very good at throwing things away and corn is a fringe primal thing. I did throw away cookies that were left here, I am very adamant about not eating wheat. G came home and thought I have eaten them all, how rude. :P

So no weight loss this week. Although I know why its still sad. I am immersing myself in all things paleo to get refocused back to the way it was before we left. It was easier to drop everything the first time and we need to stop making or having excuses to slip up, G is really suffering, beer causes pretty drastic weight gain for him, he went up 7 pounds this weekend. Back down 5, but you never get below your lowest if you keep causing the inflammation and water retention. Its hard, I want to tell him no don't eat or drink those things, but he needs to figure out his body for himself.

I have manager meetings this week so they feed us for the next couple days, they are good enough to give us gluten free options, so thats good, just have to stay away from the snack counter. But I can do it! I need to get below that 250 mark, its been my stuck point since the day before Vegas and I am ready to smash it out of the water and get this weight loss thing rolling again!!
    CanadianGirl

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast