Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAD notes increase in female adult acne page

fiercehunter is offline Banned

AAD notes increase in female adult acne

Shop Now
    Mainstream article in the news today. Doesn't speculate what is causing it.

Adult Acne Becoming More Common For Women, Says American Academy of Dermatology

As Bellasugar reports, the American Academy of Dermatology recently wrapped up its 70th Annual Meeting in San Diego by releasing an interesting (read: horrifying) new study: "late-onset or adult-onset acne is becoming increasingly common in women in their 20s, 30s, 40s and even 50s."

Let's all understand adult female acne!
    Hormonal factors key to understanding acne in women | aad.org

"With acne, it’s important for patients to understand that there are no quick fixes, and none of the therapies used to treat acne work overnight,” said Dr. Schlosser. “Patients need to be consistent when using their acne medications and realize that they may not see the full effects of their treatment regimen for eight to 10 weeks — and in many case, some type of maintenance therapy is required for long-term clearance of acne. ”

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    lol, grain face. I certainly don't miss that.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    -J.Stanton

CaveMama is offline Member
    I'm glad you think it's funny, Alex. I eat a primal diet (no cheating) and I have bad acne.

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveMama View Post
    I'm glad you think it's funny, Alex. I eat a primal diet (no cheating) and I have bad acne.
    CaveMama, You might wanna take a look into Acne mainly coming from an unhealthy gut. I have found that that is where my acne troubles seem to originate from primarily. The GAPS diet is a great resource to start healing the gut.

Check out the info out there on it and it may be something that could help you.

Good luck

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbuckley View Post
    CaveMama, You might wanna take a look into Acne mainly coming from an unhealthy gut. I have found that that is where my acne troubles seem to originate from primarily. The GAPS diet is a great resource to start healing the gut.

Check out the info out there on it and it may be something that could help you.

Good luck
    I second this. I'm coming from Fiber Menace and gutsense.org with my information. Acne appears to be the result of poor gut health.

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I second this. I'm coming from Fiber Menace and gutsense.org with my information. Acne appears to be the result of poor gut health.
    Yeh cool mate. I used to have horrible back acne! Has been 95% clear for around 4 or so months now. Still working on my facial acne which to be honest has cleared up MASSIVELY... but I guess because its on my face I care more about it. I'm also in the process of clearing Rosacea on my face that by all holistic/paleo/traditional thinkers stems from an unhealthy gut too.

Curtis cc is offline Junior Member
    Well it’s important for everyone to remember that a lot of things can cause acne. I do believe gut problems are a part of it but diet plays a big part in it too. I’ve seen more then once where a clean diet (no sugar, processed food, sugar, etc) and proper vitamins help a lot in cleaning up acne as well body and facial.
    The natural way I treated my adult acne. Check out my story: http://www.overthecounteracnetreatmentinfo.com/

Wafaa is offline Member
    I have that. Adult onset acne...Ugh. Eating primally actually made it a lot worse and at one point I was tempted to just quit. There's stuff I can track back to having had sugar and whatnot, but even if I'm 100% strict primal and organic, taking multivitamins, etc. I still get breakouts which can be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbuckley View Post
    It's not just "food". It's for me, and for a lot of women, hormonal, and no kind of dieting makes it go away completely. I don't know what causes it.
    The only thing that's made it significantly better is a herbal supplement I'm taking which regulates female hormones.
    Last edited by Wafaa; 07-29-2012 at 04:44 AM.
    My art blog.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    what supplement is that?

I'm 40+, I quit eating grains in 2010 and in December 2011 I started developing rosacea. I couldn't believe it, as i've always had good skin. I think it was partly the stress of living in our condo while it was being completely updated + some other stressful things. But now most of that is over and i still have the rosacea which doesn't make any damn since to me. No one else in my family has it.

anyway - i've started drinking beet juice once/day because Allen Lim says to in the Feed Zone cookbook. I don't think it's entirely placebo affect but i've been feeling more energetic b/c of it and my rosacea seems to be easing up a bit. Altho I entertain no hopes that it will ever completely disappear.

Wafaa is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    what supplement is that?
    It's called vitex. I'm actually taking it in hopes of it helping other issues, finding out it helped with my acne was just a welcome bonus.
    I'm thinking about re-experimenting, trying to eliminate some foods and see if I can improve things further. I always feel like I'm missing something.
    My art blog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast