Thread: A beginner from the UK. page

Kelly_J is offline Junior Member

Talking A beginner from the UK.

Primal Fuel
    Today I came across a diet progress blog (crissfit.tumblr.com) which mentioned the paleo diet. I was intrigued and gave the link a good read. For a while I have been tempted to cut out wheat products but have been put off mainly because of my love of cake baking.. but now I think I am ready to give it a go. I'm tired of not seeing my weight go down despite all the calorie counting I do, I think this is the perfect diet for me.

I'm looking forward to giving it a try and hopefully being a member of this forum will keep me on track
    Kelly J
    { My Photography Website } - { Facebook }

mikeyt is offline Senior Member
    hi Kelly! I'm a beginner too, but loving it. Like the photos too, just friended you on MM

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Hullo

You can still bake, my mrs made our lad a virtually free chocolate cake for his birthday with almond flour, sweetened with dried dates, covered in 85% coco chocolate ganash(sp?) and filled with fresh berries and whipped cream. It won't make you thin, but once slice was a meal replacement, rather than a sugar high and crash
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Kelly_J is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyt View Post
    hi Kelly! I'm a beginner too, but loving it. Like the photos too, just friended you on MM
    Heyy, aww thankyou, I'll take a look at your MM tomorrow morning when I get more time

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Hullo

You can still bake, my mrs made our lad a virtually free chocolate cake for his birthday with almond flour, sweetened with dried dates, covered in 85% coco chocolate ganash(sp?) and filled with fresh berries and whipped cream. It won't make you thin, but once slice was a meal replacement, rather than a sugar high and crash
    Oh that sounds awesome, I'll have to look up some recipes I think I prefer the baking process than I do the eating sometimes, so 1 slice as a meal replacement will be perfect
    Kelly J
    { My Photography Website } - { Facebook }

Salixalba is offline Junior Member
    I love to bake too. There are some great primal baking ideas out there. I've had good luck with coconut flour and almond flour. I have to improvise and work out alternatives a lot more than I used too, but it's a fun challenge!