Thread: Ostrich page

Lewis is offline Senior Member

Ostrich

Primal Fuel
    Just tried some for the first time. It'd been imported from South Africa and was not cheap. But try any primal food once.

It tasted pretty much the same as beef to me, although the texture was different -- a little softer.

Drea6681 is offline Senior Member
    I think it's delicious, though tends to be on the dry side - good excuse to add some butter or animal fat
    SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Official for real start date 1/10/12

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    I think our local buffalo butcher stocks Ostrich from time to time. They also have wild boar bacon. YUM!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Ostrich is underrated as a meat. Used to have one at our high school, was donated to our Agriscience department. It got sold a few years later and the Ag kids...we got burgers from the guy who bought it. No one asked, no one cared (that bird was temperamental) but man, were those burgers good.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    The couple of times I had ostrich, the meal was on par with some of the best steaks I've had. I'd raise them on my farm but they're evil and nasty bastards, or at least every interaction I've had with them showed me such. They hiss, charge, kick and just generally act like tits.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    It tasted pretty much the same as beef to me.
    You overcooked your ostrich or you regularly overcook your beef. Or both. Ostrich tastes better than beef.