Thread: Cherrybrook Gluten Free Pancake mix. Good idea for a carb up? page

Cherrybrook Gluten Free Pancake mix. Good idea for a carb up?

Primal Fuel
    the ingredients are

white rice flour, evaporated cane juice, potato starch, non-alluminated baking powder, tapioca starch, all natural vanilla flavor, xanthan gum

The recipe on the box for 2 waffles is very low in fat and i was wondering what others would think of this.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Rice ground up to fine flour, sugar, and starch from potatoes? Very high glycemic index I should think. If that doesn't worry you, why not? But a baked potato, or a handful of boiled rice, would probably be less fuss.

What "all natural vanilla flavour" means is anyone's guess. I don't suppose the mix has seen a vanilla pod. "Natural flavor" isn't, as far as I know, a term controlled at law and often means monosodium glutamate, which is a neurotoxin. That would give me pause for thought, but I guess everything else there is OK -- just very high GI.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I tried a gluten-free pizza with a similar ingredient list. I was very close to my bathroom for the next day. Your mileage may vary.

I have an auto-immune condition, so maybe it's an intestinal permeability thing.