Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on one meal a day page

Thoughts on one meal a day

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

I've been considering going to one meal per day. I'm never hungry in the morning - in fact, if I try to eat in the morning I feel too full and sick. Since I really don't like preparing a big meal to bring to work, would it be okay to eat my full day's worth of food after work, about 2 hours before bed? or is this not a good idea?

Thank you!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SixteenDollars View Post
    Hi all,

I've been considering going to one meal per day. I'm never hungry in the morning - in fact, if I try to eat in the morning I feel too full and sick. Since I really don't like preparing a big meal to bring to work, would it be okay to eat my full day's worth of food after work, about 2 hours before bed? or is this not a good idea?

Thank you!
    search for the fast-5 thread. It consists on eating once a day in a 5 hour window.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    there's no real issue with that at all. personally, i just don't like to jam in all those calories in one sitting, but there's no medical/health issues with doing so.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i eat one meal and one snack a day. the snack is sardines just so i can get in some extra protein, but it's all within about 4-5 hours. i actually like it much more than eating twice a day which i did for a while. i don't get hungry, and i can put a lot of attention on making that one meal as amazing as possible.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    It's the way that works best for me~ give it a shot, see how you feel.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I'll stick to 2 or 3 meals a day since it's what works for me, but I know others do well with one big meal or a big meal and a small snack. I'd just have trouble working a physically demanding job and exercising afterwards if I was only eating one meal a day. I'm sure I could probably adapt to it if i tried long enough, but I see absolutely no reason to try to.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Thank you for the quick replies! I guess the main focus of my question is on whether on not eating so close to bed time is an issue. I only eat 50 grams of carbs or less per day, and in general circumstances I actually sleep better if I eat something before bed, but I'm just worried that eating so much before sleeping will make me gain weight.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    the eating close to bed = weight gain thing is a myth.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SixteenDollars View Post
    Thank you for the quick replies! I guess the main focus of my question is on whether on not eating so close to bed time is an issue. I only eat 50 grams of carbs or less per day, and in general circumstances I actually sleep better if I eat something before bed, but I'm just worried that eating so much before sleeping will make me gain weight.
    i eat my big meal usually an hour or so before i go to bed. no issues.

As of the past two weeks or so, my routine has been a bulletproof like (I say that because I flip between combos of Kerrygold, heavy whipping cream, and coconut oil) coffee in the morning, a smaller/snacky sort of lunch, and then a larger dinner. Flipping between larger lunch and dinner has been the only big variable and maybe some greek yogurt in the morning instead of greasing up the coffee. I've been enjoying it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast