Thread: I'm stuck... Help!!! page

lamoka is offline Senior Member

I'm stuck... Help!!!

Shop Now
    I lost almost a pound a day for the first 8 days.. then gained a pound back and have been yo-yoing a pound here and there but am essentially stuck with weight loss. I feel fantastic. I am on day 21.
    Yesterdays menu:
    1 egg crepe wrapped around smoked salmon, sweet onion and two asparagus and coffee with creamer
    Less than an ounce of dark chocolate for snack
    Potato skins with bacon, cheese and sour cream with a tossed salad for lunch
    Tuna w/ olive oil mayo and celery sticks with one cup almond milk for dinner
    I rode two miles on bicycle yesterday and did some standing pushups..
    I don't know my macros, micros, fat percentages or any of that.. I am eating amazing and feeling great but the weight thing is getting me down!!!!
    Female 5'5", Feb. 29, 2012 SW 208, GW 160
    My journal...
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post734883

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Relax. Your weight will fluctuate a few pounds here and there. You'll have days where you won't lose any. You'll have plateaus. It's normal.

Example: I weigh about 5lbs more with PMS than I do without. I weigh more in the afternoon than I do when I get up.

Ditch the scale - it's not your friend. Measure instead (but not every day!). You'll drive yourself crazy.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoka View Post
    I lost almost a pound a day for the first 8 days.. then gained a pound back and have been yo-yoing a pound here and there but am essentially stuck with weight loss. I feel fantastic. I am on day 21.
    Yesterdays menu:
    1 egg crepe wrapped around smoked salmon, sweet onion and two asparagus and coffee with creamer
    Less than an ounce of dark chocolate for snack
    Potato skins with bacon, cheese and sour cream with a tossed salad for lunch
    Tuna w/ olive oil mayo and celery sticks with one cup almond milk for dinner
    I rode two miles on bicycle yesterday and did some standing pushups..
    I don't know my macros, micros, fat percentages or any of that.. I am eating amazing and feeling great but the weight thing is getting me down!!!!
    Yep, weight fluctuations occur. If it doesn't change in a week or two:

Instead of the Potato skins with bacon, cheese and sour cream for lunch, have some protein, like chicken or beef with your salad along with some healthy fats. Creamer should be ok but you might want to take it out for a few weeks and see if there's a change in weight loss.

Keep us posted!

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Agree with ditch the scale. Hopefully you are toning up underneath.

Also 21 days is nothing in the longer term, you have done well, but the honey moon period doesnt last forever. Just enjoy the fact you feel great, and you know you are really healthy. You will reach your ideal weight dont rush it.

If you still plateau after 4-5 weeks, think about intermittent fasting, a couple of high intensity workouts or some weights, or upping the protein a little
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Take your measurements (hip, waist, biceps, thigh, neck) for a few weeks or months instead of weighing. This will give you a MUCH better idea of what you body is actually doing than trying to guess at body composition (which is what actually matters) than looking at a single number on a scale.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal