Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where might we have gone wrong...... page

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member

Where might we have gone wrong......

Primal Fuel
    In the past 50-100 years can we agree that this has been some of the quickest and most significant changes made in human history? So what are the culprits? Has Primal named em all? What might be some other seemingly harmless changes that could have mass effect in the future?

I'll start the party with an not so obvious one. There is an ordinance in my town AGAINST raising your own hens. I think self sustainability is a right that each of us should have. I live on 1 acre of my own land. Good luck telling a fella 50-100 years ago with that much land he could not house his own small livestock for family food.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Elevators in public buildings
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Industrial food.

cantare is offline Senior Member
    The horseless carriage!

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Genetically fucking with the food.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Oh yes the big ones are definitley everything releated to industrialized foods:

1) Separating farming of plants from keeping livestock..
    2) Feed lots
    3) Chemical fertilizers and pesticides
    4) Creating highly palatable calorie dense foods and marketing them to the masses
    5) Moving from cooking at home to convenience foods, which prompted more fast food and restaurants in general
    6) The farther we get from the nature the less people want to deal with it..that includes...... having your own garden, livestock..and being able to kill your own food
    7) Requirement to have 2 incomes in the house so there is no primal caregiver... this makes many primal things difficult .. breastfeeding/baby wearing/cooking/taking care of the house so the other members can spend less time cleaning and more time having fun
    8) All transportation that has enabled us to get to places without having to physically move our bodies
    9) the internet/cell phones/tv so we dont have as many face to face contact and feeling of community
    10) The minimization of any risks.... we're afraid to let our kids do anything that would be dangerous at all not allowing them to slowly test out their own bodies.., vaccinations of viruses that do not cause major harm long term in 99% of cases, moving birth to hospitals,...lots more with this not coming off my head right now
    Primal since March 2011

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    In fairly random order: Remote controls, mobile phones, cars, dishwashers, washing machines, TVs, the Interweb, social networking, home-delivery, ready-meals, processed foods, import of cheap migrant labour to do all the physical work, food processors, air-conditioning, central heating, diet pet foods, Santa Claus, size zero, weightwatchers, advertising, fat phobia, PUFAs, Ancel Keys, big Pharma, plastic surgery, the cult of celebrity, Leonard Cohen and above all MEMES.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Imagine what the NEXT 100 years is going to be like... now thats a scary thought
    Primal since March 2011

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    School Cafeteria's. When your serving kids Pizza, Taco Salad (with fritos), Pasta based stuff, and more giving them a choice between mashed potatoes or broccoli, you know the kids are picking the mashed potatoes. I know I did when I was a kid.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by trekfan View Post
    School Cafeteria's. When your serving kids Pizza, Taco Salad (with fritos), Pasta based stuff, and more giving them a choice between mashed potatoes or broccoli, you know the kids are picking the mashed potatoes. I know I did when I was a kid.
    Well now pizza's a vegetable.. I doubt you'd even see broccoli in the cafe's now. It's grab your pizza, chicken nuggets, pasta dish, or scary looking sandwhich.. then finish with some chips/or low fat cookies.
    Primal since March 2011

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast