Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Progress page

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member

Progress

Primal Fuel
    OK so it was a slow start for me on primal, due to not cutting out dairy and coffee for long, but I am now up to 2 weeks without, and feeling much better.

I am still about 5 kg heavier in the second photo, but my waist is 10 cm at least smaller (I can't find pre-primal measurements, but I have lost 7 cm off my waist in the last 2 weeks)
    It is just another reminder to ignore the scales. I took mine to CrossFit and smashed them with the sledge hammer LOL.
    I am feeling much better and much stronger.
    Last edited by Ayla2010; 02-09-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    HUGE difference Ayla!! Nice work! Keep it up girl!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

thanks
    It's just amazes me that I weigh more now, but you wouldn't think so right?

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    coffee should help you lose weight. i never understood why people feel the need to cut it out. in some people, caffeine improves metabolism, insulin sensitivity, and lowers risk for type 2 diabetes. Effects of Coffee Consumption on Fasting Blood Glucose and Insulin Concentrations - generally i'd think this applies to people who, through their diet, are working towards greater insulin sensitivity.

also, The Bulletproof Executive - i used bulletproof intermittent fasting (butter replaced with ghee, as I don't do dairy either) to break a plateau i was having. "Studies performed by Caroline Apovian, M.D., director of the Center for Nutrition and Weight Management and associate professor of Medicine at Boston University, found MCT oil to aid in weight loss." this plus caffeine is a fat burning C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

ahem. also, the benefits of working out while both fasted AND under the effects of coffee are both widely documented; put these together and you're gonna get shredded.

the end.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

I am certain coffee bloats me too though. Although I have not tried black coffee, but have tried BP coffee with ghee and I still didn't lose (I was doing the BP fast for a bit)

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Fooking 'ell! Where have all the stretch-marks gone? Your skin looks great.

Of course you look a lot lighter in the second pic ... definitive proof that the scales should be ignored.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

they are still there, but faded a huge amount
    I hadn't even thought of that LOL

The fat is all disappearing from my back first.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    good stuff!

Bamboozel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    well done! looking great

shame about the coffee bloat - i have a similar result when I have instant coffee rubbish or use dairy milk though. Since drinking coffee with coconut milk though i find i don't get bloated and I can have my coffee fix no problem. No need to add sugar or anything and its often filling enough to have as breakfast without needing other food.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast