Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An interesting result page

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member

An interesting result

Shop Now
    So I have been going primal a few months now, and although I haven't lost weight/cm (you may have seen me complaining on other threads), one thing has happened - my appetite has decreased and I cannot put away the food volumes I could before. At first I thought this might be in my mind, but an interesting thing happened yesterday.

First of all - I did vary from primal a little bit. I've been stressed out about some lab results and this not working, and hadn't slept well for a few nights due to a sore neck, and this culminated me in indulding the 'other 20%' a bit last night (which I do probably less than 20% of the time!). So up front - the 'bad' stuff was a few ciders, some white bread, and calamari which i think probably had some flour on it. I do it so rarely that I don't think it's worth feeling guilty about.

Anyway, went out for dinner last night. First big change I noticed: On normal days I am an early eater (~5pm). So usually when I go out for dinner at 6.30pm, I need a snack pre-dinner otherwise I am too hungry and agitated to make it through to 6.30pm. I just..didn't need it this time. Second big change: because my husband wanted to share some bread I thought I'd get a smaller meal because I knew from recent experience that I'd be too full to eat a big meal AND an entre (actually that fact that the thought ''I'll get too full' even occured to me could be a third change). Anyway, when the meal came (coconut crumbed calamari, salad and chips - admittedly larger than anticipated), I ate the calamari but barely made a dent in the chips - I was just too full. I actually picked up a chip, looked at it, felt full/sick, and put it down. And they were some of the tastiest chips I've ever eaten, so it wasn't that they were unappetizing. Hubby finished them off.

THIS NEVER HAPPENS! I mean, usually I finish my entre, finish my meal, and finish anyone else's meal that couldn't get through theirs. Then back up for dessert.

So whilst I did go off stray from Primal a little, I am regarding the night as a success because it showed me that something at least is changing in me, even if it isn't my weight. My body is finally starting to recognise 'full'. Honestly, I never believed I could be a person who leaves a meal unfinished.

barefootmerle is offline Junior Member
    It's a nice feeling to walk away from food. ;-)

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    It's a good feeling, isn't it?

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    Our body's voices are getting louder, and the CW voice is getting softer, less insistent. So now we can actually hear what our bodies are telling us, and we have no choice but to listen to them.

When I started eating primally, I still had the idea in my head of three meals a day. So I'd eat three times a day. That lasted about 2-3 months. And then one day I realized I hadn't eaten lunch, and I wasn't really hungry.
    And then another day when I hadn't eaten lunch, but supper wasn't going to be ready for another few hours, and the hunger pains started up, I realized I wasn't being debilitated by them. They were just there. Rumbling in the abdomen, but not felling me. My body was simply telling me it "could handle food now, but don't rush, it's not that important."

And then, with the amount of food being eaten, after a bit the meal (even a steak!) will begin to taste not so appetizing. So I usually push the plate away and put the rest away from the next meal, at which time it'll taste awesome again.

I just can't get over it. Food ALWAYS controlled me. I still enjoy the hell out if it, I LOVE my food, but I am not controlled by when it comes. It's such a surreal experience for someone that has always been ruled by their blood sugar. I was a binger as well - like, at night I'd go to the cupboard, have a biscuit, and then it'd be a few rounds of toast, scones and anything else I had in the cupboard. First of all, if I did that now I would have the worst stomach pains. Secondly, I don't have that urge to keep going now. Like, I actually put a chip back on my plate!
    The next step I guess will be the day when I skip a meal and don't notice. I'm not going to stress about forcing myself to do daily fasts for this - it'll happen when it happens.

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    I had something similar to this happen to me yesterday. My standard breakfast is an omelet of 5 pastured eggs, then some kind of breakfast meat (bacon or sausage or sometimes leftover diced chicken) and then some combination of veggies. Yesterday it was eggs, homemade pork sausage, sauteed asparagus and spinach...pretty common one for me, something I regularly put away in the mornings.

But yesterday, I got to the point where there was a little bit left and I could not eat anymore!! Normally, even if I'm getting full if there's a little bit left, I can finish it off so as not to throw it away or have to put away leftovers. But, yesterday, I was just DONE at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    The next step I guess will be the day when I skip a meal and don't notice. I'm not going to stress about forcing myself to do daily fasts for this - it'll happen when it happens.
    Good call! Let it happen...and it will happen.
    Last edited by tim_1522; 03-21-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
    Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Quote Originally Posted by tim_1522 View Post

But yesterday, I got to the point where there was a little bit left and I could not eat anymore!! Normally, even if I'm getting full if there's a little bit left, I can finish it off so as not to throw it away or have to put away leftovers. But, yesterday, I was just DONE at that point.

Awesome!

denasqu is offline Senior Member
    Great posts! This has been one of the most amazing benefits of this transformation for me. My whole perspective on food has changed. I no longer crave anything. I look forward to my meals more than ever and I eat my meals whenever I feel like it. If I skip a meal, which I do several times a week, it's hardly missed. I appreciate my food now.
    "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

back2basix is offline Member
    I just can't get over it. Food ALWAYS controlled me. I still enjoy the hell out if it, I LOVE my food, but I am not controlled by when it comes. It's such a surreal experience for someone that has always been ruled by their blood sugar. I was a binger as well - like, at night I'd go to the cupboard, have a biscuit, and then it'd be a few rounds of toast, scones and anything else I had in the cupboard. First of all, if I did that now I would have the worst stomach pains. Secondly, I don't have that urge to keep going now. Like, I actually put a chip back on my plate!
    I had no idea that could ever happen to me. I can now turn away food that at times, have felt like I would sell my soul for. How sick is that??? It's what I love best about Primal WOE. I haven't lost massive amounts of weight---slow and slow is my game. But I FEEL 100% better than ever in my life. That's what I'm talkin' about!!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I totally know how you feel. It's such a great feeling! It is so amazing that this could happen to me, too. I swore if that was the only thing this diet did to me it would be worth it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast