Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Leptin: It probably doesn't do what you think it does. page 10

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    So what happens if your fuel idiot light burns out?
    I fear that we may be pushing the analogy too far. Do you mean to ask what would happen in the event that the body would fail to respond to chronically low leptin levels? If so, you would be flirting with severe anorexia, that is, appetite that is excessively suppressed relative to the body's store of energy. Note the distinction here between anorexia, lacking appetite, and anorexia nervosa, the psychological disorder consisting of an irrational fear of weight gain. If your hypothalamus failed to respond to low leptin levels ( i.e. a burned out idiot light mechanism ), you would be suffering from a physiological disorder. In either case, psychological or physiological disorder, the end result is the same, a dangerously thin individual.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Huck is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    I think it's really about eating protein every day and not snacking between meals.
    No, it's eating enough protein that your vagus nerve signals your hypothalamus.
    63 yo male
    Started reset Nov, 2011
    SW: 291
    CW: 230

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    No, it's eating enough protein that your vagus nerve signals your hypothalamus.
    Yes this is what I meant. Why people can't understand that they need so many grams of protein a day in order to function and that yes it has something to do with weight loss is beyond me. I learned this 15 years ago on the Zone. Not defending that diet, it isn't perfect, but in terms of getting on the right page it is a start. That millions still don't understand, because they don't want to.

EvansMom is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for another leptin input. I actually was suckered in by the amount of people doing a leptin reset (last summer) and have to say it left me depressed, reactive hypoglycemic (more so than before), anxious, and unable to sleep along with night sweats. It is on my "top ten" list of bad decisions. Still have reactive hypo more so than before even months later. So whatever I reset wasn't really a good thing

And J. Kruse is an un-understandable idiot. Just my n=1 opinion there. Although my use of grammar would suggest I could be one too

Have felt so much better now that I am not very low carb. Lost a lot of weight though, but put it back on quickly even while being primal.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EvansMom View Post
    Thanks for another leptin input. I actually was suckered in by the amount of people doing a leptin reset (last summer) and have to say it left me depressed, reactive hypoglycemic (more so than before), anxious, and unable to sleep along with night sweats. It is on my "top ten" list of bad decisions. Still have reactive hypo more so than before even months later. So whatever I reset wasn't really a good thing

And J. Kruse is an un-understandable idiot. Just my n=1 opinion there. Although my use of grammar would suggest I could be one too

Have felt so much better now that I am not very low carb. Lost a lot of weight though, but put it back on quickly even while being primal.
    Interesting about the night sweats.. surprisingly, ever since going Primal/Paleo, I don't have that anymore. I know my ex was worried about that, every time it happened. Must be those subway sandwiches I ate :\; or those blasted cereals.

EvansMom is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, at least they stopped for the most part. Sometimes at night I still have them. But I sure to have the reactive hypo still, although not as bad as pre-primal. Or as bad as immediately post-leptin reset.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910