Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40, Overweight & Ready to Make the Primal Change page

goodgameme is offline Junior Member

40, Overweight & Ready to Make the Primal Change

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey everyone, I'm a 40 year old male that is morbidly obese. I recently decided that I needed to try and lose some weight again. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol and sleep apnea. I started out on Weight Watcher's and a low fat diet 4 weeks ago but I was struggling lately fighting hunger. Just felt like anyday I was going to wake up with my head stuck in a chip bag. I then stumbled accross the Primal Blueprint book and it really made sense with me so I started following it 2 days ago. So far It's been good and the extra fat really helps curb the hunger issues.

Here is my stats:
    5'8"
    294.8 lbs 4 weeks ago
    284.4 when I started eating primal

I'm hoping this journal will keep my on track and help me on down the road to see how far I've come or where I've made mistakes.

Day 1 & Day 2 Food Log

Day 1
    Breakfast - 2 fried eggs in butter and 3 strips of bacon

Lunch - Skipped since it was a later breakfast on a lazy Sunday

Supper - Pork Chop, Salad w/Egg, Olive Oil & Basalmic Vinegar, Cooked Brussel Sprouts & Turnips

Day 2
    Breakfast - 3 Eggs & 3 Strips of bacon scrambled in butter

Lunch - Leftovers from Day 1 supper

Supper - Beef Roast w/Cauliflower, Broccoli, Carrots & Mushrooms

Felt pretty good both days except I was pretty hunger on Day 2 in the late afternoon.

andyTHFC is offline Member
    Welcome and good luck to you! Great start so far!

Quote Originally Posted by andyTHFC View Post
    Welcome and good luck to you! Great start so far!
    Thanks for the encouragement.

Day 3

Breakfast - Guacamole Eggs from Reader Inspired Cookbook

Lunch - Grilled Chicken with Salad

Supper - Sirloin Steak with Salad, Grilled Zucchini, & Grilled Beans

MerryRobyn is offline Junior Member
    I am new to this site, so I can't give you any suggestions on how to eat Primal,,,but I wonder if you are still feeling hungry after changing your diet?

I noticed you eat three meals a day and no snacks. I have problems with low blood sugar and wonder if you try to eat more often if that would help. If I skip meals my hands shake, I feel dizzy and I have a hard time concentrating long before my stomach starts grumbling. I use String cheese (regular fat), protein bars and yogurt drinks in between meals (Any suggestions from someone following the Primal diet?). Another thing I am working on is to eat 300 calories at 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, and 6pm to keep my blood sugar stable.

PS.
    Oh, got the feed back that snacking is not part of the Primal diet. I guess my advice won't work for you.
    Last edited by MerryRobyn; 03-20-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Add the PS

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!!! I know that having the support of the community on this journal is really making a difference for me!!

MerryRobin, I am going to look for your journal and see if I can help with your question from what I have read and learned

MerryRobyn is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Longing2bfit. I will check back on this thread or in my inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    Welcome!!! I know that having the support of the community on this journal is really making a difference for me!!

MerryRobin, I am going to look for your journal and see if I can help with your question from what I have read and learned
    Thank you. I'm sure it will make a difference for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryRobyn View Post
    I am new to this site, so I can't give you any suggestions on how to eat Primal,,,but I wonder if you are still feeling hungry after changing your diet?

I noticed you eat three meals a day and no snacks. I have problems with low blood sugar and wonder if you try to eat more often if that would help. If I skip meals my hands shake, I feel dizzy and I have a hard time concentrating long before my stomach starts grumbling. I use String cheese (regular fat), protein bars and yogurt drinks in between meals (Any suggestions from someone following the Primal diet?). Another thing I am working on is to eat 300 calories at 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, and 6pm to keep my blood sugar stable.

PS.
    Oh, got the feed back that snacking is not part of the Primal diet. I guess my advice won't work for you.
    MerryRobin,

I'm just starting out on this so I don't know if I'm the best to ask on snacking. So far I haven't really needed any snacks but I'm sure as my body adjusts snacks will come into play. Some ideas for snacks include boiled eggs, small amount of nuts, fruit (less if you want more weightloss), fresh veggies, a little bit of leftover meat, and celery with a good nut butter.

I imagine you could eat more smaller meals throughout the day if that works for you. However, for me when I've tried it in the past I tend to find that I just eat more when I eat 5 meals a day. But I'd say just try it and see how you feel. Everyone is a little different.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast