Thread: Grass fed beef Allergy? page

roseprimal is offline Junior Member

Grass fed beef Allergy?

Primal Fuel
    I hope someone can respond to this. I was so excited to finally find a local source for grass fed beef and this weekend we had our first taste. It truly tasted different and I had a hard time with that, but more concerning was the itch/sting my entire family felt in the back of the throat. My husband had the leftovers for lunch the next day and had the same reaction. The sides were totally different so it rules out a reaction to something else. The seasonings I used we've used before and never had that reaction. I contacted teh ranch and they told is to throw all the meat away and not to eat any more.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this. I am not sure if we should try a different source or if we just have a rare allergy to the grass maybe?
    Any advice would be appreciated

activia is offline Senior Member
    Sorry never heard of this. It must be something that they added to it. I would try a different source.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Insane Grok is offline Senior Member
    wow, thats crazy! never heard of this before either...and if the ranch told you to throw it away i would, then never buy from them again!

find a better source! i've bought grass fed from a few places in NC and never had any issues, but maybe ask around to see if anyone else can get you a good farm to buy from

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Never heard of it...so your WHOLE FAMILY having an allergic reaction just cause it was grass fed is nigh on impossible. My best guess is contamination...not allergy. BTW igiven the circumstances I would make sure the ranch was refunding or replacing PRIOR to throwing the meat out. Contact them and find out if they would like to run some tests on your batch of meat too.

roseprimal is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Never heard of it...so your WHOLE FAMILY having an allergic reaction just cause it was grass fed is nigh on impossible. My best guess is contamination...not allergy. BTW igiven the circumstances I would make sure the ranch was refunding or replacing PRIOR to throwing the meat out. Contact them and find out if they would like to run some tests on your batch of meat too.

I thought so too. They already told me they would issue a full refund, and gave no desire to test the meat. I hope it's nothing that has a long term consequence...I am a worry wart