Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skinny bashing page

SGRhapsodos is offline Junior Member

Skinny bashing

Primal Fuel
    I love this site because the information I've found here has been really helpful in handling my celiac and food intolerances, however; I find that when people find out I'm really thin, they automatically bash me and call me unhealthy without even looking at me. I eat very well and don't really have problems with giving myself treats everyday. I'm learning a new way of feeding myself and I find a lot of heat for this because I'm very small. I come from a family of celiacs and very thin people on both sides. I can't help it. Someone yesterday even had the nerve to insinuate that I wasn't a genuine celiac and just called me unhealthy. I find it very offensive when people assume that I'm starving myself to be this thin and that I making up my celiac. Like I imagined 3 years of suffering! Please be more understanding towards those of us who are small. Perhaps Some of us are going through lots of changes and that can mean low body weight for some people. It's just as offensive when people bash me for my 105 pounds as fat bashing someone who is 300 lbs.

activia is offline Senior Member
    ^^ Sorry to hear that. I had that problem when I was losing weight for my wedding, people kept saying I was perfect but I wanted to lose more of my belly pooch.. when you are eating primal you dont look like skin and bones so I said dont worry I wont look like the standard super model.. .

You could work on building some muscle.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    I've known a few people with Celiac's. They were all very thin. On the plus side, they were all also some of the most energetic, cheerful people I've known. Probably because their grain-free diet. Do you feel good? Was that person who called you unhealthy a lean, fit, person? Or a typical fat SAD eater? Ask them if they are free of any health issues. If not, what right do they have to talk about you being unhealthy?

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I'm a blood type O with the skinny celiac genes. People are rude to me no matter what my body looks like. That I don't try to get supermodel skinny.... well obviously I don't get it. My sister eats almost the same diet as me, says I don't eat right. I've encouraged her to drop wheat and to get her kids off dairy while she still can, she's letting them drink milk which I really disagree with, but she won't listen to me. No one does really. I'm just too little!!!!!!!!! lol 105 lbs, that's pretty healthy and probably normal for you. Just keep on with whatever you are doing and don't listen to what people say- most people really don't understand it at all.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    A lot of "underweights" experience this. Yes, it can be frustrating.

There are issues of people harming themselves (in both directions -- getting too thin, and also maintaining more weight than they should or need to), but as outsiders we really can't know a person's actual situation.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    OP: No-one was skinny-bashing you. I said skinny is unhealthy, and meant that as a general principle rather than attacking you for being skinny.

Your posts were incoherent, and you didn't even bother to answer my questions properly when I was trying to help you with some suggestions for safe sources of carbs.

If you start any more threads asking for help, I suggest you include relevant context about your personal situation from the outset - this causes less waste of everybody's time.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 03-20-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: grammar
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

porcelain is offline Senior Member
    I just come out and say it, like I did today. "I'm skinny because I eat fat. That's how you get skinny."
    It was a conversation on a topic of bacon. It implied I know I'm skinny. So now that I've got that out of the way, we can address real health discussions sans your uninvited stigma.

It's a ridiculous culture where people are more focused on image than health. They buy KitKat-Thins and Fat-Free Youghurt. Give me a REAL break. Your image is just a benefited attribute when you focus on your health.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by porcelain View Post
    I just come out and say it, like I did today. "I'm skinny because I eat fat. That's how you get skinny."
    It was a conversation on a topic of bacon. It implied I know I'm skinny. So now that I've got that out of the way, we can address real health discussions sans your uninvited stigma.

It's a ridiculous culture where people are more focused on image than health. They buy KitKat-Thins and Fat-Free Youghurt. Give me a REAL break. Your image is just a benefited attribute when you focus on your health.
    The OP doesn't want to be skinny - they want to become healthy.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

CpectorBon is offline Junior Member
    I said skinny is unhealthy, and meant that as a general principle rather than attacking you for being skinny.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Israel may have just passed a law banning super thin models from advertisements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast