Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is candida real? page

huntingBears is offline Senior Member

Is candida real?

Shop Now
    i'm starting to think maybe candida's what's holding me back and why I keep succumbing to carbs at the last second but I just don't know if I believe it's a real thing! I spent years stressed and eating poorly so maybe my gut has become overrun
    I've been following this diet as strictly as i can for about 6 weeks but haven't yielded any noticeable benefit as of yet (except for brief burst of energy near the start which disappeared after some mild food poisoning and has been eluding me ever since)

My symptoms:
    Extreme fatigue
    Very itchy body and hair
    Irritable and angry
    Digestive problems, usually after eating
    Smelly flatulence!
    Dark circles under eyes
    Dry, uneven skin tone
    Mild acne
    I'm also suffering from depression I'm pretty sure
    I also get a slight sting in the tip of my penis when I hold in urine for too long and I wonder if this is maybe some kind of mild infection because of candida?

I've decided to buy some coconut oil (even though it's really expensive in tescos!) and I drink some ACV diluted in water every morning, im also oing to get more strict on the diet

Is candida real, does it sound like I have it, what's the best way to get rid of it and how long does it take? I have done some research on the net but always prefer specific human opinions, cheers
    If man made it, don't eat it

patski is offline Senior Member
    Yes, candida is absolutely real.

The problem is so many symptoms are attributed to it, that it's hard to know for sure if one has candida. I had a food allergy test done, and it found two strains of candida in my system.

Not everyone who has candida tolerates ACV: it is fermented after all. Your body/mileage may vary. I cannot touch the stuff. No dairy either. Coconut oil is your best friend. Stay off high starch veggies like sweet potatoes, beets, parsnips. Eat meat, veg and little to no fruit. I highly recommend taking zinc and selenium supplements as well. Eat raw garlic if you can tolerate it!

I just started taking a product called Candex; it produces very little die-off symptoms (some nausea), but my dermatitis is clearing up nicely! Candex actually eats the walls of Candida, destroying it.

There's a lot of threads on the forums about candida; I've posted a lot of info on them, started a few of my own.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread50656.html

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread50599.html

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread48357.html

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread49078.html

That should get you started!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

maladee is offline Member
    yes it is real

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if it's real or not but I don't think everyone has it like some health practitioners claim who try to sell you a slew of herbal remedies. I've had a few people try to tell me all my problems were from candida and I needed to try this or that diet, these herbal cleansers, etc. I went to a doc to get a blood test for candida. It was negative. Your symptoms could be caused by a whole host of things such as chronic low-grade bacterial or viral infection, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, etc. I'd say if you suspect candida go get a blood test for it to be sure before spending a bunch of money on "remedies".

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    listen to patski, she knows her s**t!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I thought I had candida in my 20s. It cleared up as I got the carbs especially wheat and dairy out. I used this homeopathic remedy called Aquaflora, it helped some:
    Aquaflora | Aquaflora - for complete Candida correction

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnivara View Post
    I don't know if it's real or not but I don't think everyone has it like some health practitioners claim who try to sell you a slew of herbal remedies. I've had a few people try to tell me all my problems were from candida and I needed to try this or that diet, these herbal cleansers, etc. I went to a doc to get a blood test for candida. It was negative. Your symptoms could be caused by a whole host of things such as chronic low-grade bacterial or viral infection, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, etc. I'd say if you suspect candida go get a blood test for it to be sure before spending a bunch of money on "remedies".
    +1

huntingBears is offline Senior Member
    i keep getting ill on this diet, its making me depressed as hell, wish i could believe it was detox but im not sure it is
    wish i knew what to do
    If man made it, don't eat it

ugotllamad is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Yes, candida is absolutely real.

The problem is so many symptoms are attributed to it, that it's hard to know for sure if one has candida. I had a food allergy test done, and it found two strains of candida in my system.

Not everyone who has candida tolerates ACV: it is fermented after all. Your body/mileage may vary. I cannot touch the stuff. No dairy either. Coconut oil is your best friend. Stay off high starch veggies like sweet potatoes, beets, parsnips. Eat meat, veg and little to no fruit. I highly recommend taking zinc and selenium supplements as well. Eat raw garlic if you can tolerate it!

I just started taking a product called Candex; it produces very little die-off symptoms (some nausea), but my dermatitis is clearing up nicely! Candex actually eats the walls of Candida, destroying it.

There's a lot of threads on the forums about candida; I've posted a lot of info on them, started a few of my own.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread50656.html

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread50599.html

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread48357.html

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread49078.html

That should get you started!

What say you to this article? Dubious "Yeast Allergies"

"I believe that practitioners who diagnose nonexistent "yeast problems" should have their licenses revoked. Some apply this diagnosis to nearly every patient they see."
    Also:
    The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology has strongly criticized the concept of "candidiasis hypersensitivity syndrome" and the diagnostic and treatment approaches its proponents use. AAAAI's position statement concludes: (1) the concept of candidiasis hypersensitivity is speculative and unproven; (2) its basic elements would apply to almost all sick patients at some time because its supposed symptoms are essentially universal; (3) overuse of oral antifungal agents could lead to the development of resistant germs that could menace others; (4) adverse effects of oral antifungal agents are rare, but some inevitably will occur; and (5) neither patients nor doctors can determine effectiveness (as opposed to coincidence) without controlled trials. Because allergic symptoms can be influenced by many factors, including emotions, experiments must be designed to separate the effects of the procedure being tested from the effects of other factors [5]. Several years ago, Crook told me that he had no intention of conducting a controlled test because he was "a clinician, not a researcher."
    I am having a hard time formulating a counter-argument to this site. It seems to have all of the arguments that candida as a digestive ailment does not exist, which amount to "it's never been proven, therefore it doesn't exist". Despite the thousands of people who have responded positively to anti-fungal diets.

Quote Originally Posted by huntingBears View Post
    i keep getting ill on this diet, its making me depressed as hell, wish i could believe it was detox but im not sure it is
    wish i knew what to do
    I'm really sorry, that seriously sucks. How frustrating.....Don't give up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast