Thread: 5 Rites page

Jack007 Guest

Shop Now

Hello PB'ers! I was wondering if any of you had experience with the 5 rites of rejuvenation, aka Tibetan rites. Apart from the basic exercise someone would get from them, the book claims that by doing the 5 rites every day, even multiple times a time, would help align inner "chakras" and promote the synchronous movement of energy throughout the body, therefore causing your body to halt the aging process. Is there any truth to this? Personally, after doing them I feel refreshed but that could just be from the increased blood circulation.

anniegebel Guest

I don't know about them...but I'm be interested in learning more. I'm gonna go google it! lol

anniegebel Guest

I'm printing it out right now...I'm going to start doing this in the morning at least. Just looking at it relaxes me.

Here's what I found:

http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm

Jack007 Guest

Thank you for the link Annie. I have the book by Kelder. It's a pretty interesting read, and if the rites are done in a non-stop manner, it's much like a bodyweight circuit. Like I said, I always feel refreshed once I've completed them. The book prescribes a "tepid" shower after the rites are done, which really adds to the lively feeling afterward.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Interesting... I sense some similarities to yoga's sun salutations (which i do enjoy and actually can work up a sweat with).

Thanks for the link!

Double-A is offline Junior Member

Sun salutations will kick yer but if you do 'em right

I'm a big fan of Power Vinyasa yoga, which is a very athletic mix of Ashtanga and bikram (hot-room - kept at body temp) yoga.

I routinely sweat 5 lbs of water in those sessions o.O