Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haven't gained... page

driftwood is offline Senior Member

Haven't gained...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Since going on Paleo I have actually tired to gain weigh, and have lost a pound.... Weighing myself in the mornings I have consistently been at 167 and recently I dropped to 166.. that has been consistant. Since strength training I changed my goals to gain weight and still have not. I attribute this perhaps to keeping my carbs under 100...

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    have you been taking measurements? you might just be losing a lot of fat you didn't know about, while still building muscle. upping the carbs, particularly on lifting days should help, but you also want to increase your calories...like, a lot.

SGRhapsodos is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
    Since going on Paleo I have actually tired to gain weigh, and have lost a pound.... Weighing myself in the mornings I have consistently been at 167 and recently I dropped to 166.. that has been consistant. Since strength training I changed my goals to gain weight and still have not. I attribute this perhaps to keeping my carbs under 100...
    Don't feel bad. Your're not the only one.... I haven't gained an ounce since going paleo. At least I feel better, since I can't tolerate carbs and gluten, but man getting enough calories is a bitch! Try a whey supplement and make blend it with coconut milk and fruit. Delish. Didn't work for me but might work for you.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    ad astra per aspera

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    have you been taking measurements? you might just be losing a lot of fat you didn't know about, while still building muscle. upping the carbs, particularly on lifting days should help, but you also want to increase your calories...like, a lot.
    Thanks yeah that's the hard part, is figure out how to up the cals. Just weight... My overall physique has definitly improved, my biceps are bigger and chest area etc. Some people have commented so that's good enough for me

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SGRhapsodos View Post
    Don't feel bad. Your're not the only one.... I haven't gained an ounce since going paleo. At least I feel better, since I can't tolerate carbs and gluten, but man getting enough calories is a bitch! Try a whey supplement and make blend it with coconut milk and fruit. Delish. Didn't work for me but might work for you.
    Thanks!!!!

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Thanks yeah that's the hard part, is figure out how to up the cals. Just weight... My overall physique has definitly improved, my biceps are bigger and chest area etc. Some people have commented so that's good enough for me
    Are your abs showing?
    Are you lifting more weight/more reps? Both? You might need to increase the carbs.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're on the right track! I gained about twenty pounds in the past year since I started lifting heavy and eating 3,000+ calories per day. I now fluctuate between 165 and 170 pounds, but my physique is consistently improving.

DEFINITELY up your carb intake. On workout days, I eat anywhere from 200 to 300 grams of carbs, sometimes even more. Sweet potatoes, potatoes, sprouted brown rice, and fruit do the trick for me. Make sure your protein intake is adequate (about one gram per pound of bodyweight) and make sure you eat over 3,000 calories every day, especially on workout days.

ummm yeah I think the first 4... the lower part is not so nice.. that is also what I am trying to get, a nice sexy abpack...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast