Thread: Carb Refeeds page

galensjp01 is offline Junior Member

Carb Refeeds

Primal Fuel
    Stuff on this has been posted everywhere and there are some ramblings on fat so I have a few questions. High fat diets decrease both insulin and leptin so throwing in some carb refeeds to increase leptin (thus decrease fat) would be ideal for me. So, do I have to decrease fat dramatically on carb refeed days? Also can these just be 24 hour refeeds instead of the 2 to 3 day ones I've been seeing. I work out MWF so I would do these refeeds on those days. Thanks in advance for any advice!

RyRo17 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by galensjp01 View Post
    Stuff on this has been posted everywhere and there are some ramblings on fat so I have a few questions. High fat diets decrease both insulin and leptin so throwing in some carb refeeds to increase leptin (thus decrease fat) would be ideal for me. So, do I have to decrease fat dramatically on carb refeed days? Also can these just be 24 hour refeeds instead of the 2 to 3 day ones I've been seeing. I work out MWF so I would do these refeeds on those days. Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Whether I'm doing it "right" or not I'm not sure. But here's what I've been doing based on research from leangains and others who I've seen do carb refeeds.

-On NON-workout days, I keep fat/protein intake HIGH and carb intake LOW (below 60).
    -On workout days, I keep carbohydrate intake HIGH (~200-250g), protein intake MODERATE, and fat intake LOW (below 60).

I started doing this 3 weeks ago. I've definitely noticed a difference in the way I feel and my satiety on non-workout days. I haven't noticed a difference yet in scale simply because I don't weigh myself and my clothes fit about the same. Really, I just enjoy eating a gluttonous amount of potatoes and rice on my workout days and it feels great.

galensjp01 is offline Junior Member
    awesome thank you! What would a sample day/menu for you be on carb refeed? I'm experimenting on FitDay and finding that it's hard to keep fat low while wanting to eat enough for recovery!

RyRo17 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by galensjp01 View Post
    awesome thank you! What would a sample day/menu for you be on carb refeed? I'm experimenting on FitDay and finding that it's hard to keep fat low while wanting to eat enough for recovery!
    ...lots and lots of white rice, white potatoes and sweet potatoes. Occasionally, I'll also eat some fruit. Then, to fill my protein requirements, I eat a ton of grilled chicken and maybe a protein shake or two on my low-fat days.