Hi all

I'm a newbie to all this (including forum posting!) so apologies if this is a little long-winded!

I've recently lost about 70lbs on a calorie counting diet, along with a gym program. Unfortunately I've now hit a plateau and my boss (on a daily basis!) has been extolling the virtues of the primal lifestyle. I've signed up to Mark's Daily Apple and having read loads of stuff about it, it makes so much sense and I'm converted!

However, I'm undertaking a challenge for charity at the beginning of May (30 mile cycle and 43 mile hike over 24 hours) and I'm a bit concerned about the program my gym instructor has given me!

The program I have for the next 7 weeks is:

Tuesday: bike 30 mins, treadmill 30 mins

Wednesday: weight training

Thursday: bike 40 mins, treadmill 40 mins (adding 10 mins on to each exercise every session I attend)

Saturday: cycle (outdoors) 15 miles (add 5 miles on each week)

Sunday: walk (outdoors) 15 miles (add 5 miles on each week)

Now, I'm not going to try and do math here but by my reckoning, by week 7 (according to my gym program) I should be in the gym for at least 6 hours twice a week. Em, I work full-time and unless I want to get up at 5am this ain't gonna happen!

Can anyone give me any tips on how I should be "training" for this? I keep getting conflicting advice and I'm all confused

Thanks for listening!

Kirstin