Easy Sweet Potato Chips

Primal Fuel
    These are wicked easy and good! They are addictive. You're forewarned

My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

hdcantu is offline Junior Member
    How should these be stored? How long will they keep? I have been playing with this recipe and I almost have it down. Sometimes I get them a little too done. The only problem is I eat them as I make them and never have any left over. I am hoping to get over this so I can start sending them with my son as his afternoon snack while I am at work.

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    I think the most we've had them leftover is a day. They kept fine in a sandwich bag.
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm, sweet potato chips. Looks good!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I fry mine just like that in coconut oil. They are yummy. They keep for up to a couple of days, reasonably well sealed in the fridge.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

BemleyCeuben is offline Junior Member
    I have been playing with this recipe and I almost have it down.

I am totally going to try these! Thanks for the recipe!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    hmm. i'm trying to figure out how to do these in an oven. . . (since i dont' have a microwave).

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    I too fry them in coconut oil. They are great like that. I don't microwave anything. Microwaved food actually causes immediate changes in white blood count. It also kills live enzymes in food that are essential to optimal health. Yes they are convenient and its much harder cooking everything manually. I get that. Its just something I was always suspicious about. It never seemed right to me. Once I did some research it was easy to throw it right into the trash can.

As to sweet potato fries, awesome!!!

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    I don't microwave anything. Microwaved food actually causes immediate changes in white blood count. It also kills live enzymes in food that are essential to optimal health.
    There are so many contradictory "reports" out there it is hard to get a reasonably straight answer about microwaves. But I don't think they're the devil's tools or anything.

Here's one thing I read, anyway:

No - they are perfectly safe - I am a microwave scientist and I recently gave a paper on the topic. Microwave radiation is extremely low energy radiation - it cannot damage DNA, or break chemical bonds. There is about 30,000 to 50,000 more energy in visible light (what we see) than there in the microwaves produced in your microwave oven.

In terms of nutrition - all cooking reduces nutrients, but microwave cooking does it less than any other form of cooking. In some cases steaming gives comparable results, but is not as good other times. And, don't worry about standing in front of it while it is cooking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast