Thread: Strawberry Salad with Tomatoes page

cantat is offline Senior Member

Strawberry Salad with Tomatoes

Shop Now
    This recipe is from French Women Don't Get Fat, which, despite having a silly name, has supplied me with a good amount of recipes easily convertible to Primal, if they aren't already. I also like the Sea Scallops and Leeks in Champagne Sauce, Snapper with Almond, and Chicken au Champagne.

I really dislike tomatoes, so I just omit them. Also, I double the amount of lemon juice required. Freshly squeezed lemon juice and raw wildflower honey (I use fireweed honey)...you wouldn't think it tastes the way it does, but it's unreal. It's like alchemy that creates magic in your mouth instead of gold.

INGREDIENTS

2 lbs. strawberries
    3/4 lb ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
    2 lemons
    2 tablespoons honey

Yield: 6 servings
    RECIPE

Wash and cull strawberries (remove stems). Cut in half or quarter, depending on size. Place in a large serving bowl and add the tomato pieces.

Cut four slices of lemon from one lemon, and press the juice from the other. Add the honey to the lemon juice and stir till well mixed. Add the lemon slices.

Pour the lemon/honey mixture over the strawberry/tomato mixture. Serve immediately or refrigerate for an hour before serving.

N.B. You can add some raspberries to this salad, or if you can find red currants, add some to make it a more sweet-sour salad.

Enjoy!
    Syd
    Last edited by cantat; 03-19-2012 at 03:47 AM.
    29/F
    5'4.5
    Highest weight: 220
    Starting weight: 195
    Current weight: 179
    Goal weight: 127