Thread: Hello from London page

Hotmail is offline Senior Member

Hello from London

Primal Fuel
    Hello all, just wanted to say hi to you. I've been doing LC on and off for the last few years, but keep falling off the wagon. Want to commit this time and do it right.

Wish me luck.

DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Hello all, just wanted to say hi to you. I've been doing LC on and off for the last few years, but keep falling off the wagon. Want to commit this time and do it right.

Wish me luck.
    Good luck.

It's cool to see some people from outside the U.S. - heck, for that matter, it's good to see some people from just outside the West Coast of the U.S.! - get involved.

I will give two pieces of advice: First off, remember that you can indulge greatly in healthy, fatty foods, such as meat and, to some extent, nuts and these things. For me, paleo has been as much liberating as restricting because I was like, "Wait, bacon, burgers, good, thick whole milk....aren't bad? They're not 'Heart attack on a plate!!!' the way everybody has told me? Awesome!" So you can substitute those for the carbs, remember.

Secondly, I don't think it's productive to beat yourself up about "falling off the wagon". For me, there is no wagon: it's just a spectrum, and I try to be on the good side of that spectrum frequently. Once in a while, yeah, I'll digress. But I don't beat myself up about it. This is the spice of life, a little bit of deviation and digression. (Just like with exercise and physical activity. I try to be active, but I'll veg out and just play video games for three or four days every once in a while.)

And, as Robb Wolf said in this talk MDA linked to, he says that he indulges in grains once in a while, and for most people this isn't going to undo all the good works. It's okay. It all depends on your physiology and also your resistance to temptation.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Wish me luck.
    Good luck!

I started meandering towards primal some three weeks ago. I really haven't got right up on the wagon yet but have still lost three pounds. I'm leading myself into it slowly and must admit that although I lurve french stick and my wife's homemade wholewheat bread, I have kept off it. I discovered that bread was repeating on me and so I am not actually missing it. I am still getting myself sorted out but can already see some benefits.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.