Thread: I added in more carbs and bot do I FEEL BETTER page

I added in more carbs and bot do I FEEL BETTER

Primal Fuel
    Thank you all who advised me to add in more carbs!!!
    I feel so much better!
    I have allergies to gluten, dairy, all grains except rice and tapioca, nightshade veggies and spices, nuts.
    Primal has been very bland. I get in a rut eating the same foods. Adding in the carbs has added variety!!!
    I feel so much better!

I know most of you don't eat beans but they are the one food group I don't have any problems with especially if they are prepared correctly. I added in some beans, white rice (I rinse it before cooking and drain it half way through and replace that water this makes it less starchy), sweet potatoes, Blue Bell frozen strawberry fruit bar made with some sugar. Now, I didn't have all of this in one day . I had these carbs over the last 3-4 days.
    I am being mindful of my caloric intake which was too high. Having the carbs with the protein and fat seems to be more satisfying to me. I hope to see weight loss soon.

Thanks!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you feel better!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    To play devil's advocate, there are other sources of carbs, like bananas, and other beneficial fruits. . I also like how Mark puts out a spectrum for certain things.

I really don't do well with too much fruit. I can only handle about 2-3 servings a day.
    I feel better with carb level over 125 grams.

Quote Originally Posted by uniquelymade View Post
    I really don't do well with too much fruit. I can only handle about 2-3 servings a day.
    I feel better with carb level over 125 grams.
    gotcha.

Fiji is offline Senior Member
    So glad to hear you are feeling better! I myself feel so much better on my original higher carb, lower fat diet. I have more energy than ever and I am starting to lose my PB acquired belly fat too.

I have never been convinced that beans properly prepared are the devil incarnate as people here think they are. But if you're going to eat them, please make sure they are properly soaked and cooked.

FYI: Proper Preparation of Grains and Legumes Video by Sarah Pope - Weston A Price Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by uniquelymade View Post
    Thank you all who advised me to add in more carbs!!!
    I feel so much better!
    I have allergies to gluten, dairy, all grains except rice and tapioca, nightshade veggies and spices, nuts.
    Primal has been very bland. I get in a rut eating the same foods. Adding in the carbs has added variety!!!
    I feel so much better!

I know most of you don't eat beans but they are the one food group I don't have any problems with especially if they are prepared correctly. I added in some beans, white rice (I rinse it before cooking and drain it half way through and replace that water this makes it less starchy), sweet potatoes, Blue Bell frozen strawberry fruit bar made with some sugar. Now, I didn't have all of this in one day . I had these carbs over the last 3-4 days.
    I am being mindful of my caloric intake which was too high. Having the carbs with the protein and fat seems to be more satisfying to me. I hope to see weight loss soon.

Thanks!
    This is what I've done, growing up. I'm not even sure if that's how my parents wanted me to prep the rice, to begin with!