Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark doesn't like sugar page

Chrisf12 is offline Member

Mark doesn't like sugar

Shop Now
    Mark does not like sugar nor advocate it -- Why does he use sugar and creamer EVERY DAY in his coffee? Not very primal? So is sugar OK but in moderation? Advise.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisf12 View Post
    Mark does not like sugar nor advocate it -- Why does he use sugar and creamer EVERY DAY in his coffee? Not very primal? So is sugar OK but in moderation? Advise.
    1 teaspoon of sugar? If you go out and grab a cup of coffee, your option are black, sugar or chemical sweetener. One packet of white sugar isn't going to hurt anyone. It's when one packet becomes four, and one cup of coffee turns into three, and before you know it you're eating 12 teaspoons of processed white sugar a day.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    The average american consumes 22 teaspoons of sugar per day (not to mention the 71 lbs of high fructose corn syrup per year). Mark has 1 tsp per day in a cup of coffee and no high fructose corn syrup. He says it is about enjoying life. Primal eating can be flexible on some things - especially if you are active and healthy.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Mark is not the messiah

(altogether now: he's a very naughty boy!)

The spoon of sugar is his 10% or 20% or whatever the wiggle room is.
    He's not saying YOU have to take sugar....

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    yeah Mark's just proving he's human and definitely more evolved than a spambot, LOL!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    The cool thing is that YOU can choose not to eat sugar! :-) Mark does not come to your house and make you eat it. Nor does he come stop you from buying it at the grocery. He just tells you what is up with it. Up to you to decide what to put in your body.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I'm often reminded, "it won't kill ya..." 1 tsp is harmless, in my mind.

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Mark is where he wants to be, 4g of carb fits within his daily total for maintainance.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisf12 View Post
    A little sugar, or really even a moderate amount of sugar won't hurt many people who are healthy and active. Some it will. Do what is best for you.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    Mark is where he wants to be, 4g of carb fits within his daily total for maintainance.
    I sense a slight in this post... Mark just believes in being ketoadapted; and I don't think he's the carbophobe people have been painting him to be....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast