Thread: Happy hunter-gatherer... page

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member

Happy hunter-gatherer...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ...the gatherer part, anyway, today. It's spring here in the Midwest, and it's been a mild winter, so the dandelions are popping up earlier. I decided it was time to gather and prepare dandelion crowns, which reminded me of my childhood and of writing and illustrating The Wild Foods Cookbook, long out of print, from Viking Penguin/Stephen Greene Press.

So I dug out my remaining copy, and will be sharing some of the recipes here and on our Starving Artists in the Kitchen blog, as I prepare them again, newly Primalized, those that need it!
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

pjgh is online now Senior Member
    Fun idea, there Kate. I'm looking forward to the recipes and methods. This year, I'm on a real seasonal and local kick.

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    Fun idea, there Kate. I'm looking forward to the recipes and methods. This year, I'm on a real seasonal and local kick.
    Thanks! I don't know how many of this type I'll get to do, but I do enjoy wild foods...ate them ever since I was a kid!
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.